What's new

Help regarding iphone buy

andpgud

Reaction score
Hi there. I am about to buy my first Iphone. Should I wait for the new one or get the 4. Should I get the 16 or the 32. I am not sure actually. Has the antenna thing been fixed?

Hey. The antenna issue has been fixed according to apple. It all depends on how long you want to wait. The new iphone comes out at the end of june every year in the u.s. So if you want the new one you already know how long to wait. The iphone gets better every year so obviously youll never have the best one unless you have lots of money to upgrade every year. If you look at the iphone history it goes like this. They come out with one, it has bugs (ex. Antenna) half a year through they fix it. Then a new one comes out and it starts all over. So if you want one without problems then you would want to get one after its been out for about half the year. Considering that, your best option is the iphone 4 now or the new iphone in almost a year. Just my opinion though. Hope i helped

There is also another issue at play here... If the rumors are true then a new iPhone will be released on a different carrier possibly in early 2011. So what will this do the schedule of the AT&T phones. Will they not release a new phone since they just released one on a different network? Will they release only a slightly upgraded model, since they spent so much time and money on getting that other phone released? Will they hold off on releasing a phone in June to try and sync up the releases on both carriers?

I too have been thinking of picking up my first iPhone, and have thought about waiting for the new phone in 6 months. But those above questions have come to mind and I'm not sure which path apple will take if they do release a 2nd iPhone variant.

Here in the UK we have iPhones on about 4 different networks. Whichever network you go for its still the same phone. I can't see apple slightly updating the phone because of a new carrier. Apple usually update their phone halfway through the year anyway like the did with the 3GS. They may however use it to launch the white iphone...

Last edited:
Yes like all the above mentioned figure if your thinking about waiting to see what else Mr. Jobs can think up to add into a phone ...:) Then since you will prob will not want to keep upgrading every 6 months to a year, pick which model you want to stick with and STICK with it ... Preferably the 4 cause I think the 5 won't be as good as the 4. I could be wrong but if you had the 2G ( as I had ) you would do backflips for a super upgrade as I did going to the 3GS. Now the 4 has HD quality which is beyond regular phones. " Trust Me!! " Anyhow go for the 4 if you just want to experience Apple's dominate device or wait if you don't care about the variety of stuff you can use everyday..... I will get the 4 definitely either for Xmas or shortly after cause I love my iPhone !!

Good luck !!