What's new

Help - ReelDirector slideshows? Can't pan/zoom or add music! =(

ImagoX

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if anyone here uses ReelDirector on the iPhone 4? I just downloaded it and am playing around, and want to make a slide show out of still images. One of the features listed by the programmers is the use of a "Ken Burns effect" (basically a slow pan and zoom combo) on still slides, however no matter how I try I can't seem to get it working. I can add stills to the video clip lineup and use the crop tool to resize them, but I can't access the tool for the pan/zoom (it's grayed out). Also grayed-out is the speaker icon, used to add a music track...

Can someone help, or possibly point me towards better documentation (the app basically has none) or a more specific forum?

Thanks in advance!!!

Nevermind... I figured it out (never underestimate the power of finding an answer 5 minutes after posting a cry for help on the internet...)

To do the Ken Burns, you DO use the crop tool - you just have to enable the "Pan and Zoom" option - it's grayed out when you open the crop tool, which I thought meant that it was unavailable. Not so! Just press it to enable the effect. Set a beginning and end point and set the zoom/image position in the video frame, as well as chose a time value (how many seconds it will take to complete the pan from beginning to end).

To add a soundtrack, you use the "+" button just like adding any other visual element, but instead of choosing "Photo" or "Video", choose "iPhone Song".

Durp-de-duurrr.. . Sorry for wasting your time.