What's new

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

flammablesbad

Reaction score
Hi i live in the UK i currently have my first Iphone 4 but it's Locked to the Three Network, is there any way for me to unlock this for free and switch to a provider i prefer, when i brought the phone i was told it was sim unlocked but it wasn't i am running iOS5.1 but i'm more of a windows user than a mac user so finding my way around is confusing lol but any help would be appreciated thanks

I am no unlocker, but I am pretty sure that there is no software unlock for 5.1 (unless you updated to 5.1 thruogh a custom IPSW, and the previous BB was unlockable).

But I also heard in UK that you can pay for factory unlocks. Sorry I'm not of more help:(

it was updated to 5.1 by a friend and factory resests cost £80 already spent £150 buying the phone lol

flammablesbad said:
it was updated to 5.1 by a friend and factory resests cost £80 already spent £150 buying the phone lol

I don't think you have a choice mate if you want it unlocked. Your friend should not have updated it to 5.1.

but if its been updated surely i can roll back to an Older version of the OS to unlock it no?

but if its been updated surely i can roll back to an Older version of the OS to unlock it no?

No..............Sorry. While you can downgrade (only if you have SHSH blobs) the baseband cannot be downgraded. He should have updated to 5.1 with a custom IPSW. What kind of custom IPSW............Any kind of custom IPSW. Any tool that makes custom IPSW's preserve the baseband.

Status
Not open for further replies.