What's new

Help no siri !

Edd1e

Reaction score
Got my 4s today, but when I hold the home button I get voice control that was on my iPhone 4 non s! Not siri! Please help!

you have to go under settings>general>siri and turn it on. for some reason it ships with it off.

It is a BETA piece of software. Apple never turns beta software on be default.

Beta? I don't think beta software would be released to the masses and touted as the main feature of a new software release. Beta software is only release to beta testers. Maybe you used the wrong term...

Beta? I don't think beta software would be released to the masses and touted as the main feature of a new software release. Beta software is only release to beta testers. Maybe you used the wrong term...

I used the correct term. Especially since I myself am a software developer.

Please click on the following link - Apple - iPhone 4S - Ask Siri to help you get things done.
Below and right of the Siri Icon and right of the word Siri.

They used the correct term. In the keynote address from Apple on the 4s they said it was shipping with a Beta version of Siri and it would be update in the near future.

Thanks everyone for your help is now works but it doesn't seem to work very well! :-(

Hence why it is in Beta. Basically if the servers aren't overloaded, Siri works really well. But soon as they load up, things go wonky.

Anxiously awaiting the update for "full" Siri! Hoping it will have full service (maps, etc.) for Australia. All I have heard regarding timing is "2012."

It will get faster and better currently maps not available out side of USA so be aware if you ask where I am in Australia it state only USA

Being in Canada, it seems that my only option for pizza delivery is from Detroit and it may take a day or 2 to get here. I enjoy Siri, but hope for Canadian support soon.

Edit: If the update could include actual pizza delivery being available in my area, that would be even better.

Last edited:
i wouldnt trust that pizza if i was you. lol. it will get worldwide support soon hopefully,