What's new

help no sim card valid to activate phone

takispan

Reaction score
hello friends...my problem is i make restore to my iphone without keep backup and now i have message insert a valid sim to activate i phone ...the problem is that i don,t have the card because now i put from another carrier and the phone dont unlock ...the question is: how to activate my iphone without sim card to jailbrake then and to unlock the signal!!! help please

Perform the jailbreaking directely, you do not need to access the phone before you can jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what can i do please and sorry for asking!!! thanks for your time i install jailbrake first?

Yes jailbreak it first, after that you can unlock easily.

i have to tell you the phone is like open it now for firts time i don,t see the others buttons like phone,contacts,calendar ...this buttons i don,t see yet...:( i try to jailbrake with greenpoison and i can,t

-It's a brand new phone?
-What version of iphone is it, iphone 3g? 3gs? Or iphone4?
-Never used it before?
-Where did you get it from?
-What can u see on the phone at the moment?
I need these answers to be able to know how to help you jailbreaking your phone, otherwise i might think you know a bit about jailbreaking and anticipate that you know your phone and tools you are using whereby you don't and that might be fatal for the phone.

the iphone is 3g
the version that i plug in is 4,2,1
its used
from australia
in i tynes the message that i have is the sim card tha i inserted does not appear to be supported

the iphone is 3g
the version that i plug in is 4,2,1
its used
from australia
in i tynes the message that i have is the sim card tha i inserted does not appear to be supported

I see... So far as you can not access the phone now, i guess that you do not know the version of iOS installed on the phone right? If yes jailbreak your phone using snowbreeze if you using a windows, or pwnage tool if you are using a mac.
Download the ipsw that u want from internet and run your jailbreak tool amd follow the onscreen instructions.

That happened to me and I went to a AT&T store they gave me a SIM card for free... once I entered the SIM card.. I was able to unlock + jailbreak my 3G

Guys I need to find out what carrier is my iPhone 3G locked to? The model is Mb 489b.
I actually need to gift it to a cousin and need to resolve this excessive battery drainage problem by activating it with the official carrier sim.
An early response be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Guys I need to find out what carrier is my iPhone 3G locked to? The model is Mb 489b.
I actually need to gift it to a cousin and need to resolve this excessive battery drainage problem by activating it with the official carrier sim.
An early response be appreciated. Thanks.

What is the baseband of the phone?

bab2010 said:
That's originaly an iPad baseband dud not an iPhone baseband. Provide me with the original baseband of the phone if you still remember.

I got the phone with the iPad baseband so don't know the previous baseband. :/

bab2010 said:
That's originaly an iPad baseband dud not an iPhone baseband. Provide me with the original baseband of the phone if you still remember.

I got the phone with the iPad baseband so don't know the previous baseband. :/

I see. And now you want someone to guess what could be the original baseband of the phone? It's not impossible if you are able to trace back the origin of the phone.