What's new

help : newbie questions, I have a new Ipone 4s

c_strong

Reaction score
Can't seem to find the right explanation I'm looking for even using search. or checking it 1 by 1.

Question 1. Is Unlocking required when you do a Jailbreak ?

As far as I understand, unlocking is just to free your device on your subscriber / carrier. What if it is currently locked on because of your contract ? I don't want any to use any other sim, do I still need to unlock it ?

Question 2. Do everytime there's a new update and jailbreak, you also need to unlock your device ?

:S

New to jailbreaking on iphone's here

Regards,
C

Last edited:
1. No, jailbreaking and unlocking are two independent processes, neither relies on the other unless you're using a software unlock in which case you MUST be jailbroken.

2. Any time you restore or update your device you will lose both jailbreak and unlock.

1. No, jailbreaking and unlocking are two independent processes, neither relies on the other unless you're using a software unlock in which case you MUST be jailbroken.

2. Any time you restore or update your device you will lose both jailbreak and unlock.

Is Jailbreak already enough for my new Iphone 4s ? will it still recieve 3g and SMS signals ?, or I still need to unlock it after Jailbreaking ?