What's new

Help! My Iphone won't boot up now!

kylemcgee

Reaction score
Hello -

I live overseas. I bought a Iphone 4 v4.0.2 in the US that had been activated with AT&T. I have been using it wireless only and as an ipod here as there is no jailbreak available at this time.

I decided to upgrade to 4.1 software and followed the instructions to back up the SHSH files before I updated. Everything seemed to go well, but when I turned on the Iphone again, it said there was no SIM and now I can’t even get out of the emergency mode. So, the activation seems to be gone and I have a dead phone.

Any ideas? Should I restore 4.0.2? Will that even help as the problem is due to the activation, not the software?

Please help!

Thanks!

I think your only solution is to wait for a 4.1 jailbreak and hope that its the kind of jailbreak that activates your phone too.

Try using a phonebook sim to get pass the activation screen till the jailbreak comes out.

Im sorry i kind of misread your post. So you have a phone locked to att and the att sim card and att service? But youre stuck on the activation screen? You should be able to activate it normally with itunes? Thats if youre still having this problem.

I finally got it solved, but it was not possible with a new SIM. I met a guy by chance who had a AT&T SIM from the UK. I put it in and it restored fine and is now back to normal with version 4.1. He said I would be able to use a local SIM without having to jailbreak the phone as well, but I haven't tried that yet.

Anyways, I can warn others - do NOT update your software without a valid SIM. You'll kill your phone like I did! :)

I'm glad it's back to normal now though.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Kyle