What's new

Help Me get these ear plugs out.

login

Reaction score
Being the great husband that I am, and after listening to members here and others, I purchase my wife a new iphone 3gs for Christmas. Well my daughter was fooling around with it pre Christmas and updated it.

Now on IOS 5.01 and baseband 05.16.05 so cannot unlock it

Surprise....

So now that it cannot be used, coupled with the money I spent, you can only imagine the chirps and comments I am getting.

Please tell me that in the next month or so, that baseband will be unlockable? I am a Newbie so I do not know the history of unlocking accomplishments.

Finally had a break from the comments today, only because she had to go into work

Time Frame?? :safari:

Forgot to add that it is a newer bootrom (as per serial number) so going to Ipad baseband will render it useless

Last edited:
Being the great husband that I am, and after listening to members here and others, I purchase my wife a new iphone 3gs for Christmas. Well my daughter was fooling around with it pre Christmas and updated it.

Now on IOS 5.01 and baseband 05.16.05 so cannot unlock it

Surprise....

So now that it cannot be used, coupled with the money I spent, you can only imagine the chirps and comments I am getting.

Please tell me that in the next month or so, that baseband will be unlockable? I am a Newbie so I do not know the history of unlocking accomplishments.

Finally had a break from the comments today, only because she had to go into work

Time Frame?? :safari:

Forgot to add that it is a newer bootrom (as per serial number) so going to Ipad baseband will render it useless

Why is it useless? Can't you just restore it to "Apples configuration" and use it as a 'normal iPhone' or does it have to be jail broken in order for you to use it? (Never understands this)

You say you purchased a new iPhone 3GS. I'm taking it not from an apple store then! So not really new then!

iHolophyte

Last edited:
I purchased it from an individual who dropped his Iphone in water but had insurance. They sent him a new one and I purchased it. Apple automatically locks it to the carrier that the original was signed up to. That being AT&T which I am not capable of signing up with because of location.

Anything new out there?

Getting chirped daily and DRIVING ME NUTS.

login said:
Anything new out there?

Getting chirped daily and DRIVING ME NUTS.
Look around a little. Maybe you'll find that one works for you. If this guy had insurance on it and you got it, then the thing shouldn't be too new. I don't think that the iPad will wreck it.