What's new

Help! I'm PARANOID! Will tech guy be able to steal my photos?

ajts

Reaction score
I'm having my iphone 3g jailbroken. I have photos there I don't want the tech guy to see.

I cut all the photos and pasted them in my laptop. The photo roll is now empty. No photo albums whatsoever.

After I did that, I went to General --> Reset --> Erase All Content and Settings. After about an hour, my iPhone is wiped clean.

QUESTION: Will the tech, if he is so inclined, still be able to recover my photos if in case he wanted to do just that even after all my precautionary steps?

I'm just really paranoid.

ajts said:
I'm having my iphone 3g jailbroken. I have photos there I don't want the tech guy to see.

I cut all the photos and pasted them in my laptop. The photo roll is now empty. No photo albums whatsoever.

After I did that, I went to General --> Reset --> Erase All Content and Settings. After about an hour, my iPhone is wiped clean.

QUESTION: Will the tech, if he is so inclined, still be able to recover my photos if in case he wanted to do just that even after all my precautionary steps?

I'm just really paranoid.

Don't pay to jailbreak. You can just go to jailbreakme.com your phone. You should see something like this.

Attachments

• $image-3962690848.jpg
    $image-3962690848.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 131
iCrank said:
Don't pay to jailbreak. You can just go to jailbreakme.com your phone. You should see something like this.

+1. You can use jailbreakme if your firmware is 4.2.8, or 4.3.3, or below. 4.3.4/4.3.5-4.2.9/4.2.10 will not work with jailbreakme.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

Thanks for the link! But the thing is, aside from jailbreaking it, I need it to be open-lined, that is, use a different network's sim on my phone, that's why I'm bringing it to the tech guy.

So will he still have access to my deleted files even after a clean factory reset wipe? I read somewhere that it's over-written with zeros if you do that. Is that true?

If what you need can be done, you can do it yourself with a little bit of research and some help if needed from the people on here. Everyone is more than happy to help. I wouldn't be paying anyone to JB / unlock.

Once you reload the image over it when you do a Restore As New, it would be pretty hard for him to be able to pull the photos back.

If you are don't want to try it yourself, and are that worried about your photos, why don't you tell him the truth, and tell him you want to be there while he does it? (Takes 10 mins).

You should try it yourself? Worst case scenario is you can't do it and take it to him to do anyway?

PS. Those photos must be nasty for you to be that worried about them hahah

If what you need can be done, you can do it yourself with a little bit of research and some help if needed from the people on here. Everyone is more than happy to help. I wouldn't be paying anyone to JB / unlock.

Once you reload the image over it when you do a Restore As New, it would be pretty hard for him to be able to pull the photos back.

If you are don't want to try it yourself, and are that worried about your photos, why don't you tell him the truth, and tell him you want to be there while he does it? (Takes 10 mins).

You should try it yourself? Worst case scenario is you can't do it and take it to him to do anyway?

Hmm, well at least your answer's reassuring hahaha. Yeah, man, it's pretty nasty what I got there haha. Thanks a lot. I think I'll give unlocking it myself a try first then. Hope I don't brick my phone.

Last edited:
ajts said:
Hmm, well at least your answer's reassuring hahaha. Yeah, man, it's pretty nasty what I got there haha. Thanks a lot. I think I'll give unlocking it myself a try first then. Hope I don't brick my phone.

You can't brick an iPhone by jailbreaking it. It'll always be reversible. :)!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

craigfoot said:

Wow. Great advice. Craig