What's new

Help error code 3194

darklord

Reaction score
Hello all I'm new to the forum, Here is my problem, I have a IPhone 4 that is jail broken, on IOS 4.2.6. I'd like to update to IOS 5.1.1. when I try I get error 3194. I've tried changing the host file, didn't work. Is there any thing else I could try ???

You cannot upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 without SHSH blobs. 3194 is an ineligibility error when restoring to an unsupported iOS (not currently being signed) if not a host issue

What can I upgrade to?? Whats the next move??

Blobs up to 5.1.1 are saved automatically through Cydia during the signing window assuming 5.1.1 was being signed at the time. 6.0 and above have to saved manually during the signing period. If you did not save blobs manually for iOS 6.0+, you cannot restore to those iOS. If blobs were not saved through Cydia, you do not have blobs to use. Assuming your phone is still currently jailbroken, open up Cydia, and look at the top of the main page and see what iOS are listed. If you do not see iOS listed and it says "See TSS", then on the main page, look for the "TSS Center" bubble and see which blobs are listed

in green it says 4.2.10,4.2.8, 5.0.1, 5.1.1,6.1.3

You can restore to any of those iOS' using blobs with the exception of 6.1.3 which is the latest iOS so you don't need blobs to do so. Assuming you want to keep an untethered jailbreak, 4.2.8, 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 are your options. If you just want any jailbreak, 6.1.3 will do.

Then how can I upgrade without getting 3194

Download RedSn0w 0.9.15. Connect your device. Go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the 5.1.1 IPSW for your device. Since it's the 4, make sure you have the proper IPSW, distinguishing it between CDMA, GSM and GSM World. Then for blobs, select Remote. Then follow the on-screen directions