What's new

Help!!! Clueless, confused and not sure where to turn after accidental update

dylank

Reaction score
Hello all,
i'm sure there's threads already that can help me but i tend to confuse myself reading thread after thread, some of which aren't applicable.
Hoping someone here can help me.
Ok so i've updated to IOS 6 by mistake after successfully jailbreaking my iphone 3gs a year ago on 5.something. I remember i had to update the firmware to an ipad baseband in order for it to work. I have only ever completed this process once, can't really remember what i did and have never revisited or read anything since.
Since my eronious upgrade my phone keeps on switching itself on/off over a 10 secondish cycle and itunes can't recognise the device so i can't seem to do anything to rectify the issue. I'm sure someone has a solution but i'm clueless where to turn now.
I understand a new jailbreak for IOS 6 has been released and i'd love to update my phone with this if possible.

If anyone can help me i'd be really grateful. Please take into account that, although not completely useless, i'm still a bit new to the jailbreaking process.
Thanks to anyone who feels inclined to respond. I'm going to continue reading in hope of a solution.

Right quick update. Got the phone into DFU mode but getting an error message stating the device isn't eligible for the build.

Which iOS's IPSW are you using. Do you remember downgrading the iPad Baseband previously on iOS 5.