What's new

Help / Advice

rws

Reaction score
My wife has an IPhone 6 and has all but quit using the desktop PC in favor of her IPhone. She does a lot of texting, emails, and pictures. I want to get her an IPad mini for her birthday so she can quit trying to read everything on her phone. My questions are about the Mini and how it can interact with her IPhone.
Can she IMSG & email from the Mini? Will this require us to add a line to our ATT service?
Can pictures be synced so that a picture taken with her IPhone will show up on her Mini w/o having to do any complicated upload/download processes?
If these questions are better suited to an IPad forum please let me know.
Thanks,
Russ

She will be able to send emails from her iPad as well. All you'll have to do will be setting up the email account on the iPad.

She'll also be able to send iMessages. The only difference will be that she only can send to Apple devices.

It's possible to sync Photos between the iPhone and the iPad. There are a few possibilities:
She can use iCloud to sync the pictures between devices. PhotoStream will sync them automatically, but it's not always reliable, tbh.
PhotoSharing also works with iCloud, and it seems to be more reliable, afaik. The images she wants to see there have to be added manually.
She can use online storage to sync the photos between devices. Box, Dropbox, OneDrive allow uploading photos from the Camera Roll automatically. So she wouldn't have to load them to these storage systems manually.
Flickr can do the same, and she'd get 1 TB for free. She can keep the images private, so they wouldn't be visible for everyone.

Hope that helps.

My wife has an IPhone 6 and has all but quit using the desktop PC in favor of her IPhone. She does a lot of texting, emails, and pictures. I want to get her an IPad mini for her birthday so she can quit trying to read everything on her phone. My questions are about the Mini and how it can interact with her IPhone.
Can she IMSG & email from the Mini? Will this require us to add a line to our ATT service?
Can pictures be synced so that a picture taken with her IPhone will show up on her Mini w/o having to do any complicated upload/download processes?
If these questions are better suited to an IPad forum please let me know.
Thanks,
Russ

Off topic but just to give you a heads up.
The ipad mini has three variants, the original, the 2 called the retina and the 3. The difference between the 2 and the 3 is the 3 has finger print reading capabilities, apart from that they are absolutely identical. IF you don't need finger print security and are happy with a 4 PIN code save your self 120€ as I did this week end and purchase the 2. If you have any doubts EDITED this and read the reviews such as the 2 V the 3.

Best wishes, Ryland

Last edited by a moderator: