What's new

Hello :)

KimMelton

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Kim and I'm new here. I have owned iPhones since they came out and just recently upgraded to the iPhone 4. So far, I love my iPhone, minus the ugly yellow spots that the screen has on the bottom. I love Apple and have a pretty unhealthy obsession with their products. ;) I live in Bakersfield, CA.

Welcome Kim from the lovel U.S of A...!

i dont know why you are seing yellow spots but i think you should take it to apple with your warranty and ask for another!

so you got all iphones and other apple products?

i had them all apart from the three gee es. felt like i was buying another 3g..:/

I bought it a month ago and when I called Apple they said I could bring it in, but they've seen this issue before and it had something to do with them shipping the phones out so quickly that the glue (or whatever he said) wasn't drying all the way, causing the yellow marks.

That probably didn't make much sense because he told me all of this a month ago, LOL. The yellow spot has gotten a lot less visible for sure. Maybe I'll take it to AT&T sometime this week, we have no Apple Store here. :(

so they will replace it? why not send it in the post to apple so they can give you another with no glue.. had no idea it was glue though lol

Welcome Kim!

I read somewhere back when the 4s came out, that lots of people were complaining of this issue. They said it was the glue that is used to bond the layers of the touchscreen together. Apparently, the glue hasn't cured/dried enough before they shipped them. Eventually it will dry and the spots will go away. But if they'll get you a new, go for it.

RJ

there where lots. the first ones shipped out on the 22nd june i bet apple did this so uk users dont get the iphone 4 first lol some of you had it on the 23rd they rushed it so ppl dont complain

Welcome...

Welcome Kim!

I read somewhere back when the 4s came out, that lots of people were complaining of this issue. They said it was the glue that is used to bond the layers of the touchscreen together. Apparently, the glue hasn't cured/dried enough before they shipped them. Eventually it will dry and the spots will go away. But if they'll get you a new, go for it.

RJ

I heard about this too. It happened when the 4's first came out because apple was in such a rush to get them out. I'm surprised its still going on now. It should only take a couple of days for it to set but as you've had yours for over a month I would be asking for a replacement...