What's new

Hello, I'm hoping to get some help with my iPhone 4s emails, please.

Bootess

Reaction score
When I go into Windows Mail on my PC, all of my emails on my iPhone disappear with no trace, apart from the deleted ones in the Trash folder. I've also noticed that some emails which I've read on my iPhone do not appear on my PC. I have two email accounts and it happens with both of them. My local O2 Guru says I need to contact my email provider (Madasafish), whereas Madasafish tell me it concerns the iPhone settings. Any help welcome please.

It sounds like you are set up to use POP3 as the email protocol. Check into the settings and switch to IMAP. This usually is done both on the client and on the server. POP3 downloads the email locally and erases the server version. IMAP does a sync instead.

When I go into Windows Mail on my PC, all of my emails on my iPhone disappear with no trace, apart from the deleted ones in the Trash folder. I've also noticed that some emails which I've read on my iPhone do not appear on my PC. I have two email accounts and it happens with both of them. My local O2 Guru says I need to contact my email provider (Madasafish), whereas Madasafish tell me it concerns the iPhone settings. Any help welcome please.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

It sounds like you are set up to use POP3 as the email protocol. Check into the settings and switch to IMAP. This usually is done both on the client and on the server. POP3 downloads the email locally and erases the server version. IMAP does a sync instead.

Thank you for your quick response. I've gone into Settings- Mail, Contacts,Calendars- Accounts. I have an iCloud account and two other accounts already on IMAP. Not sure if I should be looking elsewhere. Do I need to look at my PC settings?