What's new

Hello from UK

harrness

Reaction score
I have just purchased an iphone 4 locked to orange, would like to unlock etc, I have seen the thread explaining how to do it but just wondering does this work for Uk?

I was told to use greenpoison but I see advice on the forum not to use.

Are there any UK people on the forum who could help?

site looks fantastic.

Harry

Welcome...

If you've just bought it the phone wont be able to be unlocked. It's the baseband or modem firmware that determines if it can be unlocked or not. Greenpoison is for jailbreaking which is different to unlocking. You phone would need redsnow to jailbreak as it would most likley be on the latest firmware 4.2.1. I wouldn't recommend it just now as it is a tethered jailbreak. This means every time your phone is turned off or the batter run out you need to connect it to a computer for it to turn back on...

Many thanks, how do I find out what firmware its on?

Have just run a search on how to find out firmware and have now discovered my phones on 4.1 (Modem firmware 02.10.04).

Is is ok to jailbreak and unlock this?

Jailbreak using greenpoision or limerain. I used greenpoision. Can't unlock as of yet...

Jailbreak using greenpoision or limerain. I used greenpoision. Can't unlock as of yet...
Many thanks.

Probobly a silly question but when an unlock becomes available, how do we know?

I have just purchased an iphone 4 locked to orange, would like to unlock etc, I have seen the thread explaining how to do it but just wondering does this work for Uk?

Many thanks.

Probobly a silly question but when an unlock becomes available, how do we know?

Check back here in the news section...

Works the same no matter where you live. You can unlock if your baseband is 2.10.04 or higher...

Many thanks for all the advice, I have now used Greenpoison to jailbreak, worked great.

is there any way to update the baseband?

You can on the 3G and 3GS to an iPad baseband. This allows you to unlock them. I don't know if it would work on an iPhone 4 but the unlock wouldn't work anyway so theres no point...