What's new

Hello from Central Texas

JBnTX

Reaction score
Thank you for an awesome forum.
I don't usually sign up for anything (just lurk/try to learn) but I saw someone that I hope I was able to help.

I love the iPhone. I just need to learn to use all it has to offer. I've had the 3G iOS 3.0 since 8/2009 never updated or even plugged it in to my computer. Which is driving my son crazy, lol. I did get brave enough to install several pages of apps. :) I know I've missed out on alot but I'm so afraid of messing something up. Plus I'm a worry-wart which doesn't help. Well I got the 4S and I'm gonna learn if it next to kills me. I've read and read til I'm cross-eyed. I almost need someone to take me by the hand and simple step by step directions. So I hope to spend alot of time on this forum and learn.

Thanks again for an awesome forum, what I've seen so far is very helpful and no rudeness which is really nice.

JB

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Well the thing is firmware updates only enhance the phone with some times tones of extra features but some times all they have is a few bug fixes and nothing more, so as long as you have a backup of your phone at all times before upgrading and making sure you are authorised so itunes will install all of those paid apps. what makes you worry about installing firmware updates?

But really as long s you are happy with the device it does not really matter if you never update, but for me I hate not being on newer firmware lol.

Hello from Abilene, JBNTX. And congratulations on the 4S. I've got the iPhone 4 with the original iOS it came with. Works perfectly, and I dare not mess with it by trying to "upgrade." Too many horror stores here after those "upgrades." But, of course, I'm a worry-wart like you when it comes to these phones.

Do you know where the nearest Apple Store is closest to you? I'm thinking Austin might be the place -- in case you ever mess up the phone during the warranty period.

G'day & welcome to the forum!!! :)

OK, SP, help me out here. You've been here about 5 months, 164 posts, and now you're a SUPER MODERATOR, whatever ITW that means. Clue me in -- how does that work. Note that I'm not desiring any of that moderator stuff -- just being curious. Do you get like a free iPhone now if you kick 3 people off the forum? Or what? :))

EWyatt said:
OK, SP, help me out here. You've been here about 5 months, 164 posts, and now you're a SUPER MODERATOR, whatever ITW that means. Clue me in -- how does that work. Note that I'm not desiring any of that moderator stuff -- just being curious. Do you get like a free iPhone now if you kick 3 people off the forum? Or what? :))

Lol she has 11,000 posts on the iPadForums (one of our sister sites). She came here to help us out with her awesomeness 8)!

Awesome.... is the word. Great to see lots of activity here, from all over!

Ummmm... "...her awesomeness," darkstar??? Do I see chemistry here...?

LOL!!

EWyatt said:

LOL!!

No just a friendly comment. Lol!

People are nice like that here in the South! :p!

EWyatt said:

LOL!!

Lol. That's funny.