What's new

Hello Everyone!

bmull

Reaction score
Hi,

Name is bmull..... I just ran accross this great site you guys have here. Looks like lots of valuable information here to be found! I am looking forward to learning everything I can about the iphone 4s specifically.

My wife and I have always been android users. As a matter of fact, I am still an android user. Droid X, rooted with custom ROM. We have always had thoughts about trying the iphone. But seems that many people, as well as the reviews... are almost a tie. some try and steer us away from iphone, others are complete opposite. We have determined that the only way to find out for sure if we would like the phone, is to try it ourselves.

My wife just recently upgraded to the iphone 4s... so far she is liking it alot.... hasn't had it long enough yet (only a week) to determine whether she likes it better than the androids. I have been reading and trying to learn what I can about the iphone, as well as playing around with hers (when she will let me...LOL). My upgrade is coming up in May and I am really considering the iphone... but I have several weeks to tinker with my wife's , to help me decide if I wanna go that route.

If I do, I think I would really like to Jailbreak mine. Just not so sure how hard or if it can be undone (without detection) in case I had issues and would need to take it in to Verizon or Apple for any kind of repairs.

Anyways. I look forward to talking to lots of you guys on Iphone Forums and learning as much as I can prior to my upgrade and if all goes well, long after my upgrade. :)

BMuLL

Last edited:
You will be able to jailbreak your iPhone as soon as you get it provide there is a jailbreak available for your iOS version, also you will be able to revert the jailbreak to stock iOS whenever you want or if you come to have some trouble with your iPhone. It's very simple and there is no worries about that. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome. And for the added info

Welcome bmull, and thanks for stopping by here. The 4S is really fine, as you'll find out, and if I were you, I'd wait for the next iPhone version before getting a 4S for yourself. But why jailbreak? Isn't the iPhone good enough as is? Why risk all the things we continue to read about after people JB their perfectly good phones?

Hey there, recent droid convert myself. If you have any questions about the long term differences between the two feel free to ask. Also, jailbreaking will make the transition much more enjoyable for you in my opinion since you are used to android. You will have the custom interfaces and settings with the smoothness of IOS. I never regret my decision to switch to IOS.

Hello

I have a newbie..

I think too late in this forum.

I am waiting to share importent matter....

Thank you all for the welcome! Looks like I need to weigh the pros and cons of Jailbreaking.... LOL