What's new

hello everyone

misplacedsooner

Reaction score
my name is mike and i live in oklahoma.
a little history on my phone know how...not alot,lol. til yesterday ive never had a smart phone. the best phones ive ad are an lg vu and for the last couple years ive used a samsung impression. i was on the impression forum to read alot but never hacked or tried to do anything with my phone..was too scared to mess it up.
anyhow, i got this new phone..its a iphone 3gs 8gig yesterday. i know this is old hat to most all of you and you probably know it like the back of your hand but to be honest im pretty lost. the girl who activated it for me over the phone gave me about an hours worth of different tricks and tips like the double tap so i dont run battery or data. i know this thing does alot but where to begin? ive been to itunes for the first time but havent bought anything or downloaded any free apps yet. anyhow, i hope you all can put up with repeated stupid questions...i will try to search first before asking. glad to be here.
mike

hello and welcome to the forum mike, I am sure you will find the answers to your questions.

its very easy just tap on settings email and then enter the details... what email are you settings up? gmail? hotmail? your isp email?

my email is @sbcglobal.net but on my phone it had @att.net are these the same being i think they are both from att?? i have att service for the net and the sbcglobal.net is the mail addy they gave me years ago when i got it. so im not sure where the att.net came from. anyhow i tried to type in my password to that and it didnt recognize. then i tried to switch it to sbcglobal.net and my password and that didnt work either so i stopper screwing with it as it was 4 in the morning and didnt want to mess up any settings being it was the first time messing with an iphone. my take it to an att store for help,lol.
on a side note...i kinda went wild getting songs on itunes but have only loaded a couple of apps thusfar. ill be looking more at apps soon.