What's new

Hello everyone. Long time Android User.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I decided to take the iPhone 4s out for a test drive. I was planning on getting the Droid Bionic, but my wife persuaded me to the iPhone. We are having our 1st child and with Facetime, I wouldn't be missing much at home.
I know that there are other apps that do the same thing, however, Facetime seems very polished as does most iPhone applications.

I will be missing the whole customizing of an OS, but I figured to be open minded about it. So we ordered 2 iPhones (black and white)

The one big disappointment I have experienced is the lack of a good free navigation application. Google Navigation was a Great App!

Is there any app out there that is comparable and doesn't cost $60! (not being cheap, like I said baby on the way)

I hope to find as many helpful people here as I did over at Droidforum. I love these communities and would like to be a part of them.

Thanks

David

iCrank said:
Waze is free.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

It is also awesome.

numberbatov9 said:
It is also awesome.

I hear that it is.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!!!! :)

illmatic636 said:
I decided to take the iPhone 4s out for a test drive. I was planning on getting the Droid Bionic, but my wife persuaded me to the iPhone. We are having our 1st child and with Facetime, I wouldn't be missing much at home.
I know that there are other apps that do the same thing, however, Facetime seems very polished as does most iPhone applications.

I will be missing the whole customizing of an OS, but I figured to be open minded about it. So we ordered 2 iPhones (black and white)

The one big disappointment I have experienced is the lack of a good free navigation application. Google Navigation was a Great App!

Is there any app out there that is comparable and doesn't cost $60! (not being cheap, like I said baby on the way)

I hope to find as many helpful people here as I did over at Droidforum. I love these communities and would like to be a part of them.

Thanks

David

MotionX GPS Drive.

Great suggestions everyone. Looking forward to working with this community to make this a good cross platform experience. I dislike entering into the unknown, but I did it when I left WinMo for Android, and now it's some IOS time!

Thanks again for all you welcomes and suggestions. I tried out Waze. Very cool UI. I'm hoping that gNavigation will get incorporated into IOS someday. It's nice to find the location in Maps/tap it/and go straight to navigating there.

Going to go read up on some IOS 5.1 goodness.

Thanks again!