What's new

Hello all

zaptear

Reaction score
Can you legitimately turn a iPad in to a phone on AT&T I want a bigger screen but don't want bolth so can this be done and really work and get cell service just as good on my iPhone

No that's not possible.

If you own an iPad only, you can't make calls and send texts to phones other than iPhone. The SIM card in an iPad is for cellular data only - the internet connection.

Not even with VoIP apps and such

You can use the iPad to take calls as long as you have a phone and they are both on the same WiFi, so no not as a stand alone phone, take a look at the 7+ as it is larger than the small phones and not too far off an iPad mini

You can use the iPad to take calls as long as you have a phone and they are both on the same WiFi, so no not as a stand alone phone, take a look at the 7+ as it is larger than the small phones and not too far off an iPad mini

I have a 6+ now anyhow I just ended my 2 years with at&t and due for a upgrade shod I get the 7+ or hold off for the 8 at this point

I have a 6+ now anyhow I just ended my 2 years with at&t and due for a upgrade shod I get the 7+ or hold off for the 8 at this point
That depends on how much you need or want a new iPhone with updated features and capabilities. There will always be a new and improved iPhone coming along so at some point you have to decide not to wait for the next generation iPhone and buy what's available right now. If you're always waiting for the latest, you'll end up never buying.

I'd wait for the iPhone 8.. 10 year anniversary of iPhone. Lots of promising upgrade (reliable rumor sites) over the 7. I have the 7 plus.. Great phone w/amazing 2 camera system, but I'd wait