What's new

HDMI cable???

Bruno

Reaction score
Hey Guys newbie to the site here,

Does anyone know if there will be a HDMI cable of some sort for the iphone4

Thanks

Apple Component AV Cable

Easily connect your iPod, iPhone, or iPad to the component video inputs on a TV. The cable also features audio and USB connectors, and a USB Power Adapter is included in the box.
This works great - available from apple.com

Just composite.. Atleast for the models so far. Maybe next year.

The COMPONENT cable will give you a much better picture instead. I got a used Rocketfish COMPONENT...NOT COMPOSITE cable and it looks awesome on my 60" plasma.

Just composite.. Atleast for the models so far. Maybe next year.

The COMPONENT cable will give you a much better picture instead. I got a used Rocketfish COMPONENT...NOT COMPOSITE cable and it looks awesome on my 60" plasma.

lol he's right ^^^ go component! Composite is just about the worst option. Composite is mostly what you'll find on eBay for $5.99

How about the Ipad VGA cable? Is the picture quality any good compare to the component cable?

Too bad there isn't HDMI. I thought Apple would for sure add that on. Phones have had it for a while.

How about the Ipad VGA cable? Is the picture quality any good compare to the component cable?

No, VGA is the standard 480p quality, same as Composite
but Component is 1080p, and the only difference between Component and HDMI is no HD audio on the component. just the basic stereo.

Apple Component AV Cable

Easily connect your iPod, iPhone, or iPad to the component video inputs on a TV. The cable also features audio and USB connectors, and a USB Power Adapter is included in the box.
This works great - available from apple.com

A bit off the subject, but what kinda things do you watch on TV using iphone?

Netflix or movies I put on it. Its like a portable DVD player for trips or hotel rooms.

And eventually slingbox. If they ever get their stuff together. 30$ for an app with no video out is just robbery. Netflix is a free app with video out.

The only thing about netflix I have noticed so far is that the quality is not nearly as good as movies I put on the iphone from bluray or even regular dvd.