What's new

Having problems with my jailbreak, help?

Angieee

Reaction score
I just jailbroke my iphone 4s (sprint) --(using a pc runing windows 7), and most of the themes i try to add to it wont show up on my home screen. I tried to remove the sprint logo and it wont budge! Also i tried to change my sms layout and it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.. (most of the times it just stays like it usually does). Any ideas on how to fix this?

It said it should work with mine, yes.

Are you using Springtomize 2's theming options as well?

Is there anyway to save your jailbreak package incase you upgrade to a newer iPhone, or later version of iOS? When the new iPhone comes out I'm thinking about buying one, but I don't want to lose all my tweaks.

Any suggestions?

When the new iPhone comes out it most likely won't have a stable untethered jailbreak for like a year or something.

I still don't have a 4S and I'm not going to get one until there is a permanent jailbreak for the device.

4S doesn't even have a bootrom exploit yet..,so who knows how long it will take for the iPhone 5 to have a jailbreak.

But there are packages from Cydia like PkgBackup and xBackup that backup Cydia packages so you can install them in one shot.

Just have to reboot twice.

But chances are that *a lot* of tweaks will not even work in the iPhone 5(or the next iPhone) but who knows.

I recommend xBackup btw.

When the new iPhone comes out it most likely won't have a stable untethered jailbreak for like a year or something.

I still don't have a 4S and I'm not going to get one until there is a permanent jailbreak for the device.

4S doesn't even have a bootrom exploit yet..,so who knows how long it will take for the iPhone 5 to have a jailbreak.

But there are packages from Cydia like PkgBackup and xBackup that backup Cydia packages so you can install them in one shot.

Just have to reboot twice.

But chances are that *a lot* of tweaks will not even work in the iPhone 5(or the next iPhone) but who knows.

I recommend xBackup btw.

Zig you are confusing me. By permanent JB what do u mean? I'm JB on absinthe on 4S what's not permanent about that?

Zig you are confusing me. By permanent JB what do u mean? I'm JB on absinthe on 4S what's not permanent about that?

I believe he was referring to a low-level bootrom exploit like limera1n so that no matter what new firmware is released, there will always be at least a tethered jailbreak available.

InkedAdrenaline said:

The fact that the 4S only has a user land exploit(that means the jailbreak will be patched in the next iOS version) and the iPhone 4 has a bootrom exploit. Apple cannot patch it.

The iPhone 4 will *always* have at least a tethered jailbreak no matter what new iOS is released.

The 4S will not.

I won't be getting the 4S until it can *always* be jailbroken on *every iOS* version.

Jmills87 said:
I believe he was referring to a low-level bootrom exploit like limera1n so that no matter what new firmware is released, there will always be at least a tethered jailbreak available.

Yup. .........

The fact that the 4S only has a user land exploit(that means the jailbreak will be patched in the next iOS version) and the iPhone 4 has a bootrom exploit. Apple cannot patch it.

The iPhone 4 will *always* have at least a tethered jailbreak no matter what new iOS is released.

The 4S will not.

I won't be getting the 4S until it can *always* be jailbroken on *every iOS* version.

Gotcha. Thanks for breaking it down for me.