What's new

Have SMS's read to you

If JB then in Cydia "Voice ActionMenu Plugin is able to select all text from any field and it will read it to you. You still have to select the SMS text however I think it is the closest SMS reader available.

I was just browsing a site the other night that had a LONG list of tweaks and what not, I remember seeing one that did just that, read your SMS messages, but I forgot what it was called

I was just browsing a site the other night that had a LONG list of tweaks and what not, I remember seeing one that did just that, read your SMS messages, but I forgot what it was called

Haha well if you remember, please holler at me :)

Free Mobile App Stops Texting While Driving - DriveSafe.ly for details however to install now.

DriveSafe.ly™ Help Center & Frequently Asked Questions

iPhone
DriveSafe.ly is currently in beta for iPhone, but will be available soon! In the mean time, if you have a JailBroken iPhone and would like to partake in our beta, you can download DriveSafe.ly from Cydia. You need a JailBroken iPhone with OS 3.0 or greater, and the application needs to run in the foreground. You can find instructions on how to install DriveSafe.ly beta through Cydia here.

Requirements
Jailbroken iPhone with firmware 3.0 or newer
Cyida package management program.

1. Open Cydia

2. Adding the DriveSafe.ly source.
Select manage at the bottom of the screen.
Select Sources.

Select Edit at the top of the screen.
Select Add at the top of the screen.
Enter http://www.DriveSafe.ly/repo
Press Add Sources

3. Installing
Select Sections at the bottom of the screen.
Select all packages
Navigate to DriveSafe.ly and select it.

Select install in the top right corner.
Select confirm on the next screen.

Wait for the software to install and upon completion close Cydia

Last edited:
Free Mobile App Stops Texting While Driving - DriveSafe.ly for details however to install now.

DriveSafe.ly™ Help Center & Frequently Asked Questions

iPhone
DriveSafe.ly is currently in beta for iPhone, but will be available soon! In the mean time, if you have a JailBroken iPhone and would like to partake in our beta, you can download DriveSafe.ly from Cydia. You need a JailBroken iPhone with OS 3.0 or greater, and the application needs to run in the foreground. You can find instructions on how to install DriveSafe.ly beta through Cydia here.

Requirements
Jailbroken iPhone with firmware 3.0 or newer
Cyida package management program.

1. Open Cydia

2. Adding the DriveSafe.ly source.
Select manage at the bottom of the screen.
Select Sources.

Select Edit at the top of the screen.
Select Add at the top of the screen.
Enter http://www.DriveSafe.ly/repo
Press Add Sources

3. Installing
Select Sections at the bottom of the screen.
Select all packages
Navigate to DriveSafe.ly and select it.

Select install in the top right corner.
Select confirm on the next screen.

Wait for the software to install and upon completion close Cydia

Just installed it. I'm willing to beta test anything haha. I will post a review soon enough

I installed it at lunch and used it in the car but didn't have any text's while driving. Did test text myself and liked how it worked however you have to keep it open and running in the foreground.

They do not have the actual iPhone app out yet but this is better than nothing right now. The website shows it reading emails and being able to verbally reply which would be totally hands free.........

Dragon Dictation reads your sms messages its free in the app store

Archie

Archie

How do I do that? I only know of the option where I can dictate and have the SMS written out. Nothing the other way around from what I know but please, school me here.

Archie

How do I do that? I only know of the option where I can dictate and have the SMS written out. Nothing the other way around from what I know but please, school me here.

Dragon dictation will dictate to you who the message is from and read the message to you, isnt this what your after?

Archie

Sorry Pigeon it was the wrong app i thought dragon dictation read sms to you, i had an app on my previous 3gs that read them out to you and also told you who the message was from, i will have a good think and try and find it, it worked very well and the voice was clear.

Archie

Sorry Pigeon it was the wrong app i thought dragon dictation read sms to you, i had an app on my previous 3gs that read them out to you and also told you who the message was from, i will have a good think and try and find it, it worked very well and the voice was clear.

Archie

Haha no problem. Please let me know if you find it :)