What's new

Have an aftermarket Dynex USB cable for iPhone 4 and when it's plugged in, no audio.

CosmicMR

Reaction score
I have a Dynex USB cable and an normal white iPhone cube to charge my iPhone 4 and when it's plugged in, no audio plays out of the speakers. Anyone have this issue?

I have a Dynex USB cable and an normal white iPhone cube to charge my iPhone 4 and when it's plugged in, no audio plays out of the speakers. Anyone have this issue?

Got a question for you, is your Dynex USB cable also a 30 pin connector? In other words, what is it plugged into. There is only 1 speaker on the iphone 4 and mine always had audio able to be heard while the phone was plugged into the 30 pin connector. The only time audio could not be heard is if something was plugged into the speaker connector on the top of the phone, but thats how you listen to headphones or external speakers. HTH

Yes it is a 30 pin. It works fine when I have the original USB cable plug in.

Sounds like there is somethng wrong with the cable then. Can you test your cable on another iphone to test whether it is the cable malfunctioning? I ran a google search and found a lot of problems with dynex usb to iphone charging cables.

Last edited: