What's new

Hasbro Brings 3D to the iPhone and iPod touch

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
hasbro-my-3D.jpg

Hasbro, the second-largest toy manufacturer in the U.S., has announced today that it is launching a handheld 3D viewing device for the iPhone and iPod touch called My3D. The AP reports that Hasbro is promising that My3D will provide a 360-degree experience in gaming, virtual travel experiences and entertainment content, and is aimed at both children and adults. As you can see from the photo, the device looks a lot like a regular pair of binoculars, and comes complete with a slot where you can insert your iPhone or iPod touch. The My3D will be available from next spring at any store where you can buy Apple iPhones and iPod touches, for $30. Once you have your My3D viewer, you can then get additional My 3D content from the Apple iTunes App Store. As with regular apps on the store, the 3D content will vary in price, with some of it even being free. Excitingly, Hasbro also reveals that it has teamed up with Dreamworks Animation, whose Megamind movie has just been released, to create content for My3D. Other apps that users can look forward to include ones that make you feel like you’re deep underwater, exploring coral reefs, or playing a shark attacking a tuna, and there will also be a shooting game that takes place in a virtual galaxy.

“The idea of being able to be somewhere in Los Angeles, in this 360-degree environment, to be in the shark tank, to be able to swim with the fish and chase after the fish. These are really breakthrough immersive experiences,” Brian Goldner, president and CEO of Hasbro, told the AP.

Source: AP

Awesome , but I wouldn't want to be out in public with that thing Lol!

This is cool! Looks too much like a toy though...
I'd still get one when it comes out. I hope there will
enough quality content to keep it relevant for a long time.
A lot of cool gadgets died out due to a lack of quality content.
I hope that doesn't happen to this device.