What's new

Has the antenna problem been solved?

jmcs

Reaction score
It is now October - has the antenna problem been resolved? Are they still handing out the free bumpers?

I do not have problem, but since apple offer the case free I applied for it, and I bought my iphone 4 after Sept 30. I think they are still sending it out, altho the cutoff is Sept 30.

I do not have problem, but since apple offer the case free I applied for it, and I bought my iphone 4 after Sept 30. I think they are still sending it out, altho the cutoff is Sept 30.

According to the website, the purchase date must be prior to Sept 30....but I they they will send it out to you still if that is the case. (no pun intended)

Last edited:
i never really had any antenna problems with my iphone 4, and the 3gs drops more calls then the iphone 4. but if your really that worried just wait for the iphone 5 or the iphone 4g possibly iphone 4gs coming this summer as always.

i never really had any antenna problems with my iphone 4, and the 3gs drops more calls then the iphone 4. but if your really that worried just wait for the iphone 5 or the iphone 4g possibly iphone 4gs coming this summer as always.

Ironically, my new iPhone4 gets better signal than my previous Android did....WAY BETTER! I can actually use the phone feature to call people....like a phone....:p

I do want to get a case on it to protect it but I think the antenna thing has been blown out of proportion.

Couldn't agree more Jed. I can replicate the problem only to do so I have to hold my phone in the weirdest way.

Although putting a case on it stops me being able to reduce signal even when holding the phone cack-handed, IMHO its perhaps a little daft (for me anyway) to have a bit of technology worth in the region of £700 without some kind of protective case anyway!

More media hype than an issue that genuinely affects the majority I think.

i put my order in today, got the order confirmation ill report back if i get the shipped notification

I've found that I hold my iPhone in precisely the way that causes signal reduction. A case is a must for me.... then again I'd probably have one on it regardless to keep it in the best possible condition