What's new

Hard time restoring iphone

taylor4338

Reaction score
Hello I'm on an iPhone four trying to take my jailbreak off. I'm trying to restore back to factory. Could someone please help. I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

Sent from my iPhone 4!

DFU restore. It's recommended that you perform a DFU restore when removing a jailbreak. To do so, you'll have to download the iOS IPSW that you're trying to restore to. Note that if you're trying to restore to an iOS that's no longer being signed, you must have SHSH blobs or you can't restore it, and your only option would be the latest iOS, which is 6.0.1 for the 4.

Download the IPSW, put the iPhone into DFU mode. Open up iTunes, go to your device on the left side taskbar, shift+click restore and point it to the IPSW you're upgrading to (assuming you're upgrading to the latest, which is 6.0.1)

If that's not your case, and you have the blobs for the iOS that you're trying to restore to, you'll need RedSn0w. Once RedSn0w is open, go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the IPSW that you're looking to restore to. Then for blobs, select remote (retrieve from Cydia) or local (retrieve from your computer), then select next. The stitching will begin and you'll have to say yes to the prompts that show up. Your device will now restore. After the restore if you're on the recovery mode screen, do a recovery fix using RedSn0w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

willerz2 said:
DFU restore. It's recommended that you perform a DFU restore when removing a jailbreak. To do so, you'll have to download the iOS IPSW that you're trying to restore to. Note that if you're trying to restore to an iOS that's no longer being signed, you must have SHSH blobs or you can't restore it, and your only option would be the latest iOS, which is 6.0.1 for the 4.

Download the IPSW, put the iPhone into DFU mode. Open up iTunes, go to your device on the left side taskbar, shift+click restore and point it to the IPSW you're upgrading to (assuming you're upgrading to the latest, which is 6.0.1)

If that's not your case, and you have the blobs for the iOS that you're trying to restore to, you'll need RedSn0w. Once RedSn0w is open, go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the IPSW that you're looking to restore to. Then for blobs, select remote (retrieve from Cydia) or local (retrieve from your computer), then select next. The stitching will begin and you'll have to say yes to the prompts that show up. Your device will now restore. After the restore if you're on the recovery mode screen, do a recovery fix using RedSn0w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

So I can't just put it in dfu mode and click restore to new device or whatever?

Sent from my iPhone 4!

That depends on the iOS. If you want to restore to iOS 6.0.1, you can do that. If you want to restore to anything else, it won't work.