What's new

Griffin Survivor iPhone 4 Case

ZombieSlayer388

Reaction score
So I've been looking at different cases because I'm upgrading to an iPhone 4 next week. I decided on the Griffin Survivor case. After looking at the videos for it, I can honestly say anyone who thinks OtterBox is the most protective iPhone case is an idiot. Anyways. I have a question for people who have the Griffin Survivor case. Do you know if it interferes with the sensor on the white iPhone 4? I know OtterBox's does interfere and that's why I won't buy an OtterBox. I want the white iPhone 4. I'm planning on getting the 16GB white iPhone 4 with the white/black Griffin Survivor case. But only if the case doesn't interfere with the sensor in the front of the phone. If it does, I'm going with the 16GB black iPhone 4 with the black Griffin Survivor case. Any suggestions?

iCrank

Reaction score
So I've been looking at different cases because I'm upgrading to an iPhone 4 next week. I decided on the Griffin Survivor case. After looking at the videos for it, I can honestly say anyone who thinks OtterBox is the most protective iPhone case is an idiot. Anyways. I have a question for people who have the Griffin Survivor case. Do you know if it interferes with the sensor on the white iPhone 4? I know OtterBox's does interfere and that's why I won't buy an OtterBox. I want the white iPhone 4. I'm planning on getting the 16GB white iPhone 4 with the white/black Griffin Survivor case. But only if the case doesn't interfere with the sensor in the front of the phone. If it does, I'm going with the 16GB black iPhone 4 with the black Griffin Survivor case. Any suggestions?

Wow. That's harsh to call Otterbox believers idiots! I just seen a review of both cases from a guy named t.i. rider on everythingicafe. I'll post his review here

Interesting, I was going to post a "versus" about both these cases. Thanks to my job my iPhone 4 is regularly exposed to dust, dirt, humidity, bumps, etc. I've had both cases so I can give a first hand report on each -

Otterbox Defender -

Strengths
Slim - the case mimics the phone's original shape
Screen Protector - no longer suffered from severe watermarking
Shock resistance - in my one and only drop it survived a drop from waist height with no damage

Weaknesses
Belt clip - it's almost too sturdy, it can be a two handed operation to get it in/out. But it's secure so no accidentally knocking it out.

Complete Failure
Silicone Skin - unlike the past Otterbox Defender cases the outer silicone skin is poorly secured, stretches over time and fits even more poorly. The skin is also a lint magnet.

Griffin Survivor -

Strengths
Built like a tank. Thick, shock resistant siliscone over a hard plastic case.
Buttons, functions still work well despite thick case
Nicely textured outer skin that's well secured.

Weaknesses
Covered camera lens. It's a pain to pick it open, hold it back, to get a picture. On the plus side it keeps the lens clean.
Flimsy hinged covers over the headphone jack, mute button. My guess is it's just a matter of time before these get torn off due to the thin silicone hinge

Complete Failure
Flimsy Belt Clip - the case may be "Mil Spec" the belt clip certainly isn't. Calling it flimsy is being generous. On the first day I used this case I barely grazed the clip against a parked truck and it sent the phone flying. Good thing the case itself is built like a tank because the clip completely lets it down.

I can't vouch for the griffin survivor but my defender does it's job the way I want it to. I threw my phone 10 feet into the air just to see if I was getting what I wanted. Am I a idiot? Nope. You should give us a review of the two.

Last edited: