What's new

Gridlock ios 6.1?

IIRC, Gridlock is always a little slow to update compared to the other tweaks, so I don't think so.

Darn that was the number 1 tweak on my list to download lol

Is there any other app that does the same thing?

I just installed Springtomize 2 with the hope that you were correct in stating that it does what Gridlock did. I can't seem to get it to do what I used to be able to do with Gridlock before IOS 6.1.

I'm trying to move 2 rows of icons to the bottom of the screen but they just bounce back, whereas with Gridlock I could put them where I wanted.

I had 2 rows of icons at the bottom with HTC Weather displayed above them.

Anybody have any suggestions how to have empty space for 3 rows then 2 rows of icons on my home screen? Or to find out if the folks that made Gridlock will update it to work with IOS 6.1?

I like gridlock much better, but iblank will do the job. After creating the blank icons, respring and then enter "wiggle" mode and you'll see the blank icons.

Voidths: That is just what I did. Kind of a paint but it does the job. Still wanting Gridlock though.

yea it pretty much sucks, but it does work while we wait for gridlock :)

Still trying to figure out how. Perhaps you could explain how Springtomize 2 does what Gridlock does?

Thank you.

My apologies, Jim.
I was incorrect with my previous post. I've had springtomize 2 in the past and honestly could've sworn it did what gridlock does. It does pretty much everything else... Still a useful tweak.
I've researched google for an answer to your question and came across iconoclasm. I've never used this tweak before, but I've heard good things about it. Best of all, it supports iOS 6. Not sure about 6.1, but it definitely does what gridlock does.

Just google iconoclasm and you'll see the info for it as well.

Springtomize 2 does everything Iconoclasm does... and much, much more. The only benefit of Iconoclasm is there are custom icon layouts available via Cydia that you can add. I've never used Gridlock... so I'm not sure what features it has that Springtomize doesn't. Is this the tweak that allows placement of icons where ever you want?

Springtomize 2 does everything Iconoclasm does... and much, much more. The only benefit of Iconoclasm is there are custom icon layouts available via Cydia that you can add. I've never used Gridlock... so I'm not sure what features it has that Springtomize doesn't. Is this the tweak that allows placement of icons where ever you want?

Yes. Just select an icon and place where ever you like. Springtomize 2 doesn't do that, or at least I can't get it to do it.

Last edited:
My apologies, Jim.
I was incorrect with my previous post. I've had springtomize 2 in the past and honestly could've sworn it did what gridlock does. It does pretty much everything else... Still a useful tweak.
I've researched google for an answer to your question and came across iconoclasm. I've never used this tweak before, but I've heard good things about it. Best of all, it supports iOS 6. Not sure about 6.1, but it definitely does what gridlock does.

Just Google iconoclasm and you'll see the info for it as well.

I purchased Springtomize 2 based on your recommendation. Now I'm a bit apprehensive to be taking advise without others confirming your assessments.

I do appreciate you offering opinions though.