What's new

Google Photos app not functioning

miamirn

Reaction score
I have an iphone 6 Plus, Version 9.1. I downloaded the Google Photos app from the itunes app store from my phone (vs. via a usb cable on my computer) but it just turns off immediately after it opens up. I have turned off the phone and reloaded it and I have deleted it from my phone and loaded it. The app just keeps on turning off. After the app opens up the screen turns black and the phone goes to the home screen. It does this either when I click on the app from the home screen or open it from the iphone app store. Other Google apps function well, just not this one.

Why is this happening and can something be done about it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried deleting the app, then re-downloading if by going to the App Store purchase history on your iPhone? Maybe the first time you downloaded the app the download was corrupted somehow.

I've done this before and I did it again. I deleted it from my phone. I loaded it from the app store. It loaded and I opened the file. It is doing the same thing! So frustrating. Should I delete it and download it from my computer and itunes? Thanks so much for helping me.

I've done everything all of you have suggested..Frustrating to say the least. Curiously, I can go to Google.com and access the photos that way. Anyone have anything else I can try to do to fix this problem. Thanks so much for your help!

Download an app called 'sys activity' it frees up space and memory could be you don't have enuf to run the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoben,

Thanks so much for this suggestion! I'm going to try it.
I'll check the space on my phone, too.

Something I was pondering. The app has been updated and called a different name. Can't remember the name. Maybe this app isn't current any more. I'm going to check on this as welll.

This is my Google Photos app:
image.jpeg

It hasn't been upgraded or updated recently. The last update was in October. Do you use the same app?

Did u go within the app and click backup photos?

Did u go within the app and click backup photos?

Hi! Thanks for responding!

I can't get into the app. It crashes as soon as it opens up! I have deleted the app and done a hard reset. I have. I have done everything the members have asked me to try, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks again!

Contact the developer. Let him know what's happening. Perhaps this is a known problem, and he can tell you a workaround. If it's not common, he should be informed about this, so that he can start working at an update for his app.

JA the developer is Google. When I go to the Google Chrome Chromebox forum I do not get any answers. It seems nobody knows the fox! Am I not contacting the correct developer?
Thanks!

The forum is users not anyone that is part of the company that created any app, contact the app developer itself. If it is Google does your look like JA posted in post #8?

Yes, it is it the Google app that J.A. posted in #8. I believe the developer is Google, but I will check now. Thanks