What's new

Google Apps for Business good with an iPhone?

nattyice

Reaction score
My company just switched from blackberry to iphone (yay!) and we are discussing which email service to use. We are currently on godaddy and it does not work seamlessly at all.

I am wondering if anyone uses google apps for business as their mail server with their iphone. The most important thing to me is email that comes to my iphone immediately (meaning no waiting 15 mins for the iphone to "fetch" it)...if it doesn't do that, then I have no interest in using it. I would also like for the changes I make in my inbox on my iphone or in my outlook on my computer to be reflected in the other. Did I read it, did I delete it, etc. It would also be nice to have my contacts sync wirelessly.

Anyone?

If gmail doesn't work for this, then what should we use???

My company just switched from blackberry to iphone (yay!) and we are discussing which email service to use. We are currently on godaddy and it does not work seamlessly at all.

I am wondering if anyone uses google apps for business as their mail server with their iphone. The most important thing to me is email that comes to my iphone immediately (meaning no waiting 15 mins for the iphone to "fetch" it)...if it doesn't do that, then I have no interest in using it. I would also like for the changes I make in my inbox on my iphone or in my outlook on my computer to be reflected in the other. Did I read it, did I delete it, etc. It would also be nice to have my contacts sync wirelessly.

Anyone?

If gmail doesn't work for this, then what should we use???

You have to wait 15 minutes or check yourself. Everything about Google and iPhone is pretty seamless.

If that doesn't work for you then you should have stayed with Blackberry. They have the best mail service.

I love everything about the iphone except the email (blackberry really was seamless for that). Do you know if there is any way to get immediate emails on an iphone? Would an intermedia hosted exchange server work for that? I just can't believe that there are millions of people walking around with their iphones waiting 15 mins for emails to come in...and beyond that, I can't believe their companies would give them a device that had that long of a delay.

Am I just crazy?

No you're not crazy. I can't say why businesses give employees iPhones if they have to be on top of their email all the time but apparently, it happens. Like I said if you just tap your mail icon on a regular basis you will get a fresh connection. If there is another way to do it, I'm not aware.

If you have the email account (gmail for instance) set as an exchange account it will push the email to the phone. No 15 minute wait. Now only some accounts are supported so make sure it's supported as exchange before committing. I know gmail does and lotus notes server is supported as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

If you have the email account (gmail for instance) set as an exchange account it will push the email to the phone. No 15 minute wait. Now only some accounts are supported so make sure it's supported as exchange before committing. I know gmail does and lotus notes server is supported as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

So it would work just like Blackberry Exchange. Nice.

I just tried setting my personal gmail as an exchange and it works right away.

Thanks!

If I remember right if you don't set it up as an exchange account you won't get your contacts sync'd from Gmail. Google Drive also works fine on the iPhone. The calendar and reminders also work fine on the iPhone.

I have to be on top of my emails also since I receive email notifications if I have a new chat client waiting and we use google biz. I downloaded the actual free gmail app from the App Store and had it and the exchange version set up and the emails would ping to the gmail app first, sometimes before my computer would actually show there was a new email. The gmail app also has some nice additional feature that make it easier to use than the stock email app on the iPhone. Good luck!

Mobile phones like I phone becomes the need of every single person these days as they provide the best way to communicate with each others and also really benificial for bussiness is well.

We use google apps for business and all have iPhones. They have been great! Email is instant and normally pops up on my phone before the desktop. Mine is set up as an exchange account.

I use Google Apps for Business on my iPhone for personal use, and the e-mail addresses are on Gmail's platform, so you can download the Gmail app and enjoy push mail that way.

I have been google app for both my personal and business emails. I wouldn't use anything else. I have never had a problem with it. The only down side is apple calendar app is horrible. It doesn't work well with google calendar. You might need to buy an app to manage your agenda. It is more apple's fault than google.