What's new

Good enterprise software not compatible with jailbreak?

grither

Reaction score
hi gang, long time member of ipadforums.net

recently got a company supplied iphone 4s. i immediately jailbroke it with absinthe and worked fine. i then went to install my company's corporate email app (its called 'Good' for enterprise). upon installing the 'Good' software i got an error message saying 'this software cannot be installed on a jailbroken device, please contact your IT department'. i then undid jailbreak and installed fine. i have to have this software as its a company supplied phone

so my question is, is anyone aware of a workaround for this? is there a way to make a phone appear to be not jailbroken for purposes of installing other software?

just throwing this out for thoughts... i'd love to be jailbroken but having access to the corporate email is the whole reason the phone is being supplied to me, so if there's no solution i'll just have to go 'jailbreak-less'!

but thought i'd ask this knowledgeable community first!

cheers!

Be aware you probably risk termination of employment by going around this restriction.

I doubt he's going to get fired over jailbreaking his phone, however it would be wise to check with your IT guy to see what kind of policy they have on company owned property(be sure to remind him that jailbreaking is legal and it can always be reversed in case he forgot ;P).

That being said, there is an app in Cydia called "xCon" which can block jailbreak detection in some apps(Cable providers, DirecTV, etc) but you might need to contact the developers in order to request them to add support for the app you are using.

I've seen plenty of Enterprise level computing policies that would result in termination in cases like this. It has nothing to do with the legality of the action, and everything to do with the paranoia of the IT guys.

They want known, controlled environments, where they are certain that their policies and in the case iOS Enterprise Profiles, are in place and unmodified.

IT security for large corporations take controlled access to company email systems very seriously. I would not attempt to work around this restriction without first talking to the IT guys if you value your job.