What's new

Going Naked?

theveganatom

Reaction score
Hey guys,I'm currently rocking the iphone 5 slate and I love the lightness and thinness of the device but I always feel like I'm gonna drop it (haven't yet) and I have absolutely no scuffs.I have a griffin reveal right now on it but I wanna go naked!! Leave me your thoughts! :)

Every time I try to go naked, I drop my phone. Never fails. Lol.
I just leave it in a case now! Either an otterbox defender or an incipio atlas.

Every time I try to go naked, I drop my phone. Never fails. Lol. I just leave it in a case now! Either an otterbox defender or an incipio atlas.

Yeah you're right man,lol I swear sometimes it just feels to thin(Personally), and it just feels more secure in my hand with the griffin :)

I despise full cases. A lot of them provide excellent protection, but at the very high price of not being able to see the beauty of the iPhone. On the other hand, like you, I've used the phone naked and it scares me how easy it would be to drop it. That smooth metal is too slippery. My compromise was a bumper. I've used one for 3 1/2 years without a single drop. The only part covered is the edges, and I can live with that. The bumper will protect the phone in a drop on most any flat surface from a short distance, but of course if it lands on its face or back on a stone it's going to do damage. But the bumper gives me grip and so far it's kept me from dropping the phone at all.

I despise full cases. A lot of them provide excellent protection, but at the very high price of not being able to see the beauty of the iPhone. On the other hand, like you, I've used the phone naked and it scares me how easy it would be to drop it. That smooth metal is too slippery. My compromise was a bumper. I've used one for 3 1/2 years without a single drop. The only part covered is the edges, and I can live with that. The bumper will protect the phone in a drop on most any flat surface from a short distance, but of course if it lands on its face or back on a stone it's going to do damage. But the bumper gives me grip and so far it's kept me from dropping the phone at all.

Yeah I totally know what you mean,it is too slippery in my hand.. I never put bulky cases on my iPhones,but there again I love using iPhones naked because let's face it that's the way they were intended. For now the griffin is doing me justice :)

I like the naked look as well but I hate dings on my phones. Plus I have a ton of cases just to swap around to always change things up.

Going naked is just so pretty and free BUT that's usually the time I drop my phone. Since launch day of the iPhone 5 I have used Spigen products and absolutely LOVE them. I've used the original Glas.tr and the slim one, and my iphone5s (due for delivery today) will be sporting the nano Glas.tr - great glass screen protectors! I also use the Spigen bumper - Neo hybrid EX slim and love it, it just covers the edges and has just a little lip so you can lay your phone down on a table without the screen or back touching the surface.

I'm one that jumps from case to case looking for something that works great, leaves me as naked as possible but protected and this has been my set-up for a year without me wanting something different.

I never have cases on my phones, though my iphone 5 now has scratches on the apple logo.. which if I ever planned to re sell would hurt its value

i keep mine in a speck candyshell case, the only time i let me phone (and myself) go naked is when im at home with carpeting! Out in the world my phone and I need to be fully clothed...its a dangerous out there!

I never have cases on my phones, though my iphone 5 now has scratches on the apple logo.. which if I ever planned to re sell would hurt its value

I've been tempted to go naked on mine and let it get a few nicks so I won't be tempted to try and resell it the next time some big new device comes out...

But not until they have more in stock. Don't want to risk the glass shattering without the ability to get it replaced quickly and easily!