What's new

Gmail Push Notifications Not Working

John88

Reaction score
Anyone know why my Gmail is not pushing to my iPhone? My Gmail is IMAP enabled. I've tryed deleting the Gmail on my iPhone and reseting the phone, then putting it back on but it still won't work.

I had the same issue at first..then it started working..but it takes forever..not sure what it is..

Well I found this thread on the Apple support forums, looks like a lot of people are having issues with Mail. Apple - Support - Discussions - Push not working on Verizon iPhone ...

Turns out when you setup a gmail account on your iPhone, you have to set it up as an Microsoft exchange account (not Gmail, though technically it's still your Gmail account), for push to work. I've tested it and now my e-mails come in instantly with push working! Here is the link to setup your gmail account as a exchange account: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

I've been doing some research into this as well, and it seems like if you're using push your battery life drops very quickly. Anyone else had this happen using push for their gmail account?

I do, and no, it's not crazy on battery. I Game, surf the web, some GPS and text/call during the day and still have 50% or better but the end of the day. I keep locations off unless i need them, my brightness is at 25% or maybe 30, and i have unnecessary stuff off. Notifications for games off and stuff like that.

I just switched to using my gmail as an exchange Acct and am wondering if it will effect my battery.
I have to real way to observe this as my work is all brick and I have a low signal so my battery drains faster.
So if anyone else has their gmail set up thru exchange with push and notices their battery draining fast then please let us know so I can switch it back to normal Acct and sync in intervals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk