What's new

giving away Iphone 5s

James Devine

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forum and live in the uk thanks for having me,
I giving my wife my old IPhone 5s that I have not used for a couple of years as I have an IPhone 8 on Vodafone, what is the best way to prepare the 5s for her to use, she will be using another network to Vodafone, and am now waiting for the 5s to be unlocked, I noticed that it is still listed as one of my devices along with my iPad, IPhone 8 and MacBook

Sorry if this is on the wrong forum

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you’re using Find my iPhone, go to Settings - your name - iCloud - Find my iPhone, and turn it off. Sign out of your iCloud ID, then go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings, and erase your device.

This will remove the iPhone from your iCloud ID, as well as every information (email addresses, apps, files, songs, movies, photos, ...) on the iPhone, so that she can start all over again.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you’re using Find my iPhone, go to Settings - your name - iCloud - Find my iPhone, and turn it off. Sign out of your iCloud ID, then go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings, and erase your device.

This will remove the iPhone from your iCloud ID, as well as every information (email addresses, apps, files, songs, movies, photos, ...) on the iPhone, so that she can start all over again.

Hope that helps.

Thats great J. A. thanks a lot

Jim