What's new

Gevey Ultra S vs R-Sim Ultra 2. Experiences?

ss_81

Reaction score
hi all, I have a question for you. I am currently with Bell Mobility in Canada and have the iphone 4s running 5.0.1 with baseband 1.0.13. I was told there is no software unlock for this at the moment however I was reading online about a Gevey Ultra S sim and R-sim ultra 2? My wife and I are going to the states for a few weeks and we wanted to use a local carrier there. I called Bell to see if they can do an international unlock and they said no. So i either pay the roaming voice and data charges which I refuse to or think of another option.

Has anybody used these devices? Do they work? is one better than the other?

If i buy this can I update the sim tray somehow to work with a newer OS in the future or do i have to buy a new gevey/R-Sim device everytime the software/baseband is updated?

Thanks in advance

Fine, I'm looking for the same answer as I am considering to buy a Gevey ultraS as well.
Can anyone enlighten us a little bit about this sim card?

First off... we recommend purchasing Gevey products ONLY from a trusted supplier like Applenberry.com. Check out their website and it gives you a nice breakdown of how-to and compatibility.

Tx very much. That is exactly how I had thought to proceed, but before doing it I'd like to know about anybody's experience with Gevey Ultra S. Has anybody used already that sim card to unblock an iphne4s?
Tx

Hi, ***Moderation Notice*** Norry
hi all, I have a question for you. I am currently with Bell Mobility in Canada and have the iphone 4s running 5.0.1 with baseband 1.0.13. I was told there is no software unlock for this at the moment however I was reading online about a Gevey Ultra S sim and R-sim ultra 2? My wife and I are going to the states for a few weeks and we wanted to use a local carrier there. I called Bell to see if they can do an international unlock and they said no. So i either pay the roaming voice and data charges which I refuse to or think of another option.Has anybody used these devices? Do they work? is one better than the other?If i buy this can I update the sim tray somehow to work with a newer OS in the future or do i have to buy a new gevey/R-Sim device everytime the software/baseband is updated?Thanks in advance
Moderation Notice​: This post has been edited by iPF staff in accordance with our Forum Rules. This forum is not a place to advertise items for sale. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I forgot to mention that I am in Toronto.

Norry

Hi everyone, so I currently have the iPhone 4s that was on the AT&T network in the US. I wanted to unlock my phone and I am using T-Mobile as my choice provider. I got the R-Sim when it first came out and that would have been the r-sim ultra s but it was just the first version. Be cautious in buying because the first R-Sim has problems. I had alot of issues at first. Where I could not do anything on it. I finally got it to the point where I could make calls and send text messages BUT no one could call me and I would receive no text messages if someone sent me any. The set-up was complicated and it required dialing 911 and having a to hang up on them which I didnt like too much.

HOWEVER, they recently upgraded to the R-Sim Ultra S 2. The package and the chip and everything are exactly the same as 1 but it should tell you before you order it that it is an automatic sim and there is no 112 dialing required. This sim is GREAT!!! When I first got it I was skeptical because of my problems with the 1st R-Sim but to my surprise it worked EXACTLY as it should have. I turned on the phone after inserting the sim and BAM just like that I have T-Mobile service. My phone was fully functional. (the one downside is that it ships from China so it takes some time to reach the US)

The one thing I can say that I dont like is the fact that T-Mobile doesnt support iPhone devices so therefore the internet is SLOW... they dont offer 3G or 4G for this phone and the only access you have is the "Edge" network. It gets the job done but I have issues with using Siri if I am out of Wifi range. Sometimes she works sometimes she doesnt and that is all off of T-Mobile not the actual R-Sim

So my recommendation is DEFINITELY get the R-Sim Ultra S 2. It is cheap and from what I understand the only way at this point to unlock the iphone!

I have posted below my experience with the R-Sim!
Hope this helps!

Hi, I just bought a Gevey UltraS from Applenberry a couple of days ago. It doesn't work because after completing the whole process step by step as said by Gevey, the iphone goes to the "activation" window and I have to start everything again and again.
The support from Gevey is extremely poor: no answer wathever question you ask them. The only answer I get is an automatic email which says they are very busy and will answer later.
Does anybody has any experience on that problem? Tx.

....The one thing I can say that I dont like is the fact that T-Mobile doesnt support iPhone devices so therefore the internet is SLOW... they dont offer 3G or 4G for this phone and the only access you have is the "Edge" network. It gets the job done but I have issues with using Siri if I am out of Wifi range. Sometimes she works sometimes she doesnt and that is all off of T-Mobile not the actual R-SimSo my recommendation is DEFINITELY get the R-Sim Ultra S 2. It is cheap and from what I understand the only way at this point to unlock the iphone!
Have you tried to change the APN to get the data(3g) to work?. I have iphone 4s as gophone. I had to change the APN to get data(4g) to work, but it sucks because ATT don't have good prepaid data plan. Anyways if you want to try it, open safari in your iphone(you need to be connected to Wiffi) and go to UNLOCKIT(dot)CO(dot)NZ click "continue", then click "costume APN", click "choose carrier", select "tmobile", click "create profile", then "install", then "install now", then "done" and finally turned off the iphone and turned it back on. Turn off wifi and try if you can get 3g data. If you want to remove the APN later go to setting , general, profile(at the bottom of the window), and click remove, turn iphone off and then back on and the iphone will go back to the factory setting. If you do it let me know if it work. I want to move to tmobile.

Last edited:
sir if i insert rsim untra 2 in iphone 4s it shows activation required help me

sir if i insert rsim untra 2 in iphone 4s it shows activation required help me

I would suggest you to get an att micro sim card(if your iphone is att) to pass the activation screen. The micro sim card dont need to be activated and it can be an used micro sim card or regular size sim cut to micro sim(prepaid or with contract). You can get it in amazon or ebay for about $5.

I would suggest you to get an att micro sim card(if your iphone is att) to pass the activation screen. The micro sim card dont need to be activated and it can be an used micro sim card or regular size sim cut to micro sim(prepaid or with contract). You can get it in amazon or ebay for about $5.
Tx.
I have the same problem with another carrier (Movistar). When activation is required I insert the Movistar sim card and the activation is overpassed, not needed. but when I change it again to my new carrier, the activation is required again. Impossible to get out of this loop. Help please. What can I do?

Have you tried to change the APN to get the data(3g) to work?. I have iphone 4s as gophone. I had to change the APN to get data(4g) to work, but it sucks because ATT don't have good prepaid data plan. Anyways if you want to try it, open safari in your iphone(you need to be connected to Wiffi) and go to UNLOCKIT(dot)CO(dot)NZ click "continue", then click "costume APN", click "choose carrier", select "tmobile", click "create profile", then "install", then "install now", then "done" and finally turned off the iphone and turned it back on. Turn off wifi and try if you can get 3g data. If you want to remove the APN later go to setting , general, profile(at the bottom of the window), and click remove, turn iphone off and then back on and the iphone will go back to the factory setting. If you do it let me know if it work. I want to move to tmobile.

I just tried it with iphone 4s and T-Mobile... It does not work it still only gives edge network!!