What's new

Getting spammed just on Facebook on my iPhone app

Tricon7

Reaction score
Weird - I'm getting this message on FB through my iPhone app that I'm not getting when I log in to my computer FB page. It's a "blushing bride" message link that I dare not click on. This is the second time I've seen the message appear, but the iPhone FB app doessn't apparently have a way to "hide all posts" from the poster like when you go to the FB page on a computer. Any suggestions?

adblock should fix that it happened to my girls 3gs a little before she got the 4 we never saw it again after we installed that

So Adblock is an app that integrates with the Facebook app on the iPhone to prevent spam?

I just tried to find "Adblock" in the appstore. Nothing by that name.

Tricon7 said:
So Adblock is an app that integrates with the Facebook app on the iPhone to prevent spam?

I just tried to find "Adblock" in the appstore. Nothing by that name.

Search Cydia

The app stinx, anyway.

Just another example in a long list of reasons why I prefer to just bookmark the site straight up...

I thought Cydia was only for jailbroken phones? I have Verizon - don't know if that matters. "Cydia" doesn't come up when I search for it in the App Store.

Btw, I got that annoying spam/probable-malware Facebook message again today (it's titled "Blushing Bride"). It keeps popping up again and again. Funny, but it only appears on my iPhone FB - not when I access FB from my computer.

Tricon7 said:
I thought Cydia was only for jailbroken phones? I have Verizon - don't know if that matters. "Cydia" doesn't come up when I search for it in the App Store.

Btw, I got that annoying spam/probable-malware Facebook message again today (it's titled "Blushing Bride"). It keeps popping up again and again. Funny, but it only appears on my iPhone FB - not when I access FB from my computer.

You must be jailbroken to have Cydia.

This freakin' a "blushing bride" malware is now parked at the top of my Facebook page on my iPhone, and even closing/reopening the app doesn't make it go away. I already changed my password to try and get rid of it; it helped for a few days, then came right back.

Anyone know how to get rid of this infestation?