What's new

Getting iPhone 2g to work with car stereo.

Gregory60060

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 2g and a Pioneer DEH-15UB with a USB port on it. I am aware that the stereo doesn't support iDevices but I was wondering if there was a jailbreak tweak or anything like that to disguise it so it will be able to play music. This may sound stupid but I am trying to save myself some money.

Does your car stereo have audio input jacks? If so, you could get one of those connecting cords with a headphone plug on one end and audio output plugs on the other.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

First off, thanks for the reply. I have a cable and it does have a jack, but a big issue with the iPhone 2g is that most headphone jacks don't fit. It has a lip so that only apple related headphones and a few types of headphones actually work with it. All the ones at Walmart are too big to fit. That's why I wanted this to work so I could listen to my music. I read a thread on a different website that stated that there is an adapter to plug into the USB and you plug the cable into it, but iwaki going to find a way to do it for free(cheap ass).