What's new

Getting a new iphone ...apps

MissyBubz

Reaction score
I am hoping to get the new iPhone - but is there anyway I can move the apps on this iPhone over to the new phone? As not wanting to spend the money again for my apps or have to start all over again on my app games. Thanks to those who can help :)

Apple is way ahead of you :)

Backup your current phone with iTunes. Restore that backup to you new phone. Done.

And you can ALWAYS redownload purchased apps for free.

Can u expand on exactly how to do that so I don't loose anything off this phone please. Thanks in advance

Can u expand on exactly how to do that so I don't loose anything off this phone please. Thanks in advance

There isn't anything to really say. You install iTunes on your PC. You plug the iPhone into the PC. iTunes detects this and starts backing up. It will tell you when it is done. Then you plug in the new iPhone and it will inform you that it is new and would you like to restore your current backup.

Seriously, it really is that easy. I did it at least six times during the Beta with zero issues.

There isn't anything to really say. You install iTunes on your PC. You plug the iPhone into the PC. iTunes detects this and starts backing up. It will tell you when it is done. Then you plug in the new iPhone and it will inform you that it is new and would you like to restore your current backup.

Seriously, it really is that easy. I did it at least six times during the Beta with zero issues.

It wouldn't be easy for everyone.
Because your quite an knowledge able and advanced apple user.
Compared to some Apple users, who aren't that experienced like you.

Yup.. Very easy!

I have high hopes that you will have zero problems OP!

It wouldn't be easy for everyone.
Because your quite an knowledge able and advanced apple user.
Compared to some Apple users, who aren't that experienced like you.

Actually it is just that easy. What I wrote is the EXACT steps needed. No more, no less.

Thankyou to all of you who replied :) much appreciated.

hah... not to thread hijack, but any interest in the Prime or Droid HD? Or are you iPhone for life now?

Lets wait and see what Google pulls from ICS before it releases it on the Nexus Prime. Because I think things are finally starting to get interesting.

Nexus Prime smartphone, Android 4.0 delayed over patent dispute? - Computerworld

I still do plan to revisit Android next Spring to see how ICS fared thru the Holidays and see how the community liked the Nexus Prime plus a few other Droids.

But after being on iOS now for 4.5 months, I really don't see Android making enough improvements to make me switch back.

Lets wait and see what Google pulls from ICS before it releases it on the Nexus Prime. Because I think things are finally starting to get interesting.

Nexus Prime smartphone, Android 4.0 delayed over patent dispute? - Computerworld

I still do plan to revisit Android next Spring to see how ICS fared thru the Holidays and see how the community liked the Nexus Prime plus a few other Droids.

But after being on iOS now for 4.5 months, I really don't see Android making enough improvements to make me switch back.

Yeah I'm in a similar boat... I'm sitting on a Bionic and an iPhone 4... The Bionic is solid but has it's problems, the i4 is what it is, solid, reliable, smooth. With iOS5 it makes it a new phone - not sure if the 4S will be worth it for me as I don't game much, but Siri could make it worth it.

You getting the 4S?

Thread successfully hijacked...

Yeah I'm in a similar boat... I'm sitting on a Bionic and an iPhone 4... The Bionic is solid but has it's problems, the i4 is what it is, solid, reliable, smooth. With iOS5 it makes it a new phone - not sure if the 4S will be worth it for me as I don't game much, but Siri could make it worth it.

You getting the 4S?

Thread successfully hijacked...

I had it per-ordered Friday afternoon. Last check, I should get it Friday. Wife's Droid X is going to retire and she is getting my i4. My Motorola Droid A855 has finally given up the ghost. Touch screen is shot. Probably a loose connector but I don't feel like fixing it. I might root the Droid X and use it for the few apps I still like to run on Android but for the most part, I am done with Android except on a consulting basis.