What's new

GeoHot Jailbreaks The iPhone 4

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
cydia.jpg

For all the haters to all of the people bombarding George Hotz to release an iPhone 4 Jailbreak, here's a little tease. Hotz, creator of Blackra1n, posted on his blog today an image, of an iPhone 4 that he Jailbroke within a day. The message he left was meant to be a bit aggressive:

As far as a release goes, it probably won't happen from me. limera1n is little more than a raindrop on a website; it was never mentioned by me previous to this post. pwned4life is a complete invention of some blogger in a basement somewhere. When I said pwned for life, I was referring to the original iPhone, 3G, and Touch; which of course are, by the aptly named PwnageTool.

Afterwards, he concluded his blog post by holding the Jailbreak ransom:

Again, please don't ask for release dates. Every person that does makes me want to release a little bit less.

So, a Jailbreak coming from Hotz is a hit or a miss. If not that then I guess we'll all still be waiting on a Jailbreak from @comex, or @planetbeing, and @MuscleNerd etc.

To me, I could care less about a new jailbreak, I've jailbroken all of my previous iPod Touch models, but I actually want to keep the warranty on my iPhone so the jailbreak is a no go for me until my one year is up.

All you do is restore if you need to take it to apple. He happliy released jb other times why is he being weird this time? To make people jealous or beg? Why post the pic? He actually expected ppl to NOT ask after doing that?!?!

It could be a really good photoshop, as for restoring before returning it to apple, I'd rather not take my chances. I'm a really cautious person :3

There is no risk, restoring even using update removes the jailbreak but saying that I'm not going to jb either but not because I want to return. And yes he could of used Photoshop but this guy was first to jailbreak first iPhone then the rest of the jb he released . I doubt it's fake but this time it seems he wants to show off for a while and get some attention

It could be a really good photoshop, as for restoring before returning it to apple, I'd rather not take my chances. I'm a really cautious person :3

Gehot , be the first to jailbreak the iPhone but this can be only a printScreen from a 3Gs JB and transfer in the iPhone 4 he always announce something but never release …. DEVTEAM took time but release a working tool … that remind me Zibri as he use the work from other and pretend it’s his one after his first one he never made one anymore but always publish he found the way to do …

You are not the only one to be so cautious

Last edited:
I'm no hater if that was meant for me :) I'm not even going to jailbreak. I think all the good work he did and his tools made him well known in the jb community but I would not call him famous

Zibri? He stopped at 2.0 and the release of the 3G and sold his website. I'm told he made a tone of money and then he announced he was having a baby and had to quit

Last edited:
Wow in no time i JB my iPhone4 :)) , i become a genius LoL

in Fact i didn’t know him except he made the first JB … after that i have used ZIbri until 2.0 and Dev-Team for update the iphone 1 Gen of my son … what i dislike is pretending have unlock the device and say i will not release … this make doubts seriously as every hacker want to be the first and give evidence they did … not saying i have made but i will not release

Maybe after the warranty expires but until then I will not risk it.

To me, I could care less about a new jailbreak, I've jailbroken all of my previous iPod Touch models, but I actually want to keep the warranty on my iPhone so the jailbreak is a no go for me until my one year is up.

If you really believe apple when they tell you it voids the warranty, then i guess you SHOULD wait. However, for the people who really know, just restore your phone if you have to take it to apple for some reason. A jailbreak manipulates the software and a restore well... Restores the os to factory goodness.

I've had the iPod touch since the first day it came out and ive had it jailbroken since 1.1.4 and ive never had any problems until my entire screen fell off, but yeah since the iPhone is in fact my Phone im just gonna play it safe and not "void" the warranty even if all i have to do is restore it