What's new

Generic Wall Chargers

jschlis

Reaction score
Are generic wall chargers such as Rocket Fish and or Belkin OK to use with ipones and ipads. They advertise more power than the Apple products. Need to get 2 extra chargers for 2 work places, not sure if these will eventually harm the battery after a period of time.

Last edited:
personally i would only ever use Apple chargers.

I have never tried it, and I will never try it. Simply use the charger provided by Apple or buy several charger from Apple or an Apple product reseller store. Charging your iPhone battery is a non appropriate charger by Apple gives no guaranty of what your battery life will become in any time sooner or longer, and I believe that the 3rd party chargers sellers are not giving you any guaranty as well so I suggest you to not buy those chargers.

Wife has been using the same aftermarket wall charger since her iPhone 1st gen, she has never had any issues with battery life
. I wouldn't recommend anything that claims it charges your phone faster as overpowering your battery with extra current can cause physical damage.

Poisonivy said:
personally i would only ever use Apple chargers.

I agree with the above because one needs certain voltage to charge phones and iPads. I used a generic charger on my Verizon Mobile Hot Spot. Did not work after I purchased a charger from Verizon the device charges perfectly.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1