What's new

Gave up my unlimited.

parana6

Reaction score
Today I decided to give up my unlimited plan for a family share plan of 10gb for 3 iPhones. I will be saving 50 bucks a month.
Plan will go in effect by my next cycle.
What's your input?

at&t? you still get unlimited talk n text.i only have 1gb of data on my plan and i barely touch that ,but i dont live on my phone either .

Part of what makes me keep my unlimited is that it is cheaper than a 2GB plan (don 't have a family to share with) and I don't worry about usage or public Wifi when I travel. The $50 a month you are going to save sounds like a good decision to me.

Today I decided to give up my unlimited plan for a family share plan of 10gb for 3 iPhones. I will be saving 50 bucks a month.
Plan will go in effect by my next cycle.
What's your input?

I sure hope you did the research correctly. AT&T has hidden fees that they are not up front about. When its time for you to get a new phone you pay the 199 fee (assuming the phone cost 199) BUT what they don't volunteer is that your plan will also go up 25/month for 2 years because you upgraded.
I have researched this a lot lately as I am thinking about switching to Tmobile because of it.

That is about the craziest thing ever unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is about the craziest thing ever unbelievable

I agree 100%! I was in shock when I found this out. I even called back multiple times to get a different rep. because as you know sometimes you get different pricing from different reps. (never understood this either)

We all have iPhones 5s, so no upgrades here and If the 6 comes out, I will upgrade to it but at full price and unlocked. She told me how much was going to be my monthly price plus taxes. Not other hidden fees whatsoever.

Really hope you are write
Enjoy your new survis

Am on the 2gb plan because of the new plans

I sure hope you did the research correctly. AT&T has hidden fees that they are not up front about. When its time for you to get a new phone you pay the 199 fee (assuming the phone cost 199) BUT what they don't volunteer is that your plan will also go up 25/month for 2 years because you upgraded.
I have researched this a lot lately as I am thinking about switching to Tmobile because of it.
we went to the at&t store to ask about the plan and i did hear 25 a month mentioned .but i think thats to get you on the "next" plan which offers you a upgrade to a new smart phone every year ,this is how that new phone is paid for .
i am pretty sure you dont have to take that offer .i asked them specifically if we were to buy my wife a new phone straight out could we then just pay the 130.00 a month (plus taxes/fee`s)and be done with it and her answer was yes .

but add in all the extra taxes and fee`s and i just bet its real near 150.00 a month .

its pretty ridiculous what these phone plans cost .i just wanna talk on the phone and play a game now and then but to do that i have to buy data?what a farce! lets face it ,all service providers suck .its just trying to find the one that sucks the least .

With new 4G I say data should be unlimited for every monthly plan everywhere,i know there are people out there they abusing the unlimited plan but as far as I know there still is a decent daly allowance ...

we went to the at&t store to ask about the plan and i did hear 25 a month mentioned .but i think thats to get you on the "next" plan which offers you a upgrade to a new smart phone every year ,this is how that new phone is paid for .
i am pretty sure you dont have to take that offer .i asked them specifically if we were to buy my wife a new phone straight out could we then just pay the 130.00 a month (plus taxes/fee`s)and be done with it and her answer was yes .

but add in all the extra taxes and fee`s and i just bet its real near 150.00 a month .

its pretty ridiculous what these phone plans cost .i just wanna talk on the phone and play a game now and then but to do that i have to buy data?what a farce! lets face it ,all service providers suck .its just trying to find the one that sucks the least .

If you buy a new phone straight up that is correct. BUT lets say you get the 5S on contract for 199. Your plan will also go up 25/month for 2 years which is 600 plus the 199 so you now just paid $799 for a new phone. They are not up front about this but if you read between the lines carefully yea its not hidden.....right.

It was explained to me that they r giving u the off contract price for being an existing customer. Its $130 for 2 phones and 10gb data.

But if I upgrade my phone, my plan will go up $25 for each line I upgrade. Unless I do the ATT next plan witch is an additional amount already based on cost of phone. And now u have an upgrade fee on top of the upgrade price of the phone that will be on your first month bill.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's because AT&T is no subsidizing the iPhones anymore. You will pay full price divided by your contract length. I got 10gb and 3 iPhones for 145 a month because my iPhones are paid off.