What's new

freezing, hard resets..phone or software?

Meinnocenthah

Reaction score
Has anybody else experienced similar problems with their iPhone 4 or 4s?
I own both phones, IP4 and IP4s..both are white 16gb...both less than a yr old. Both with the latest iOS installed. the IP4s has already been troubleshooted and replaced by Apple Genius Bar. Replacement phone still does the same thing.
BOTH phones freeze up alot, seems like its in an infinite loop in the software. I frequently have to do the hard reset on the phone by holding the home+power button until it turns off (speaking about the IP4s).it will free when attempting to do a task such as make a call.....then alot of the time its i cannot end the call, i have to wait for the other person to hang up. Its getting really annoying..to the point i bought a new phone (SgS2 i777).
my IP4 doesnt do it as often as the IP4s. Both have all the same apps installed (IP4 has a few more than the IP4s)

Neither phone has been jailbroken..both stock.

Last edited:
Factory restore your iPhone and this time start everything from scratch, what I mean is that you shouldn't restore it from a back up.

Factory restore your iPhone and this time start everything from scratch, what I mean is that you shouldn't restore it from a back up.

Did this with Apple...phone still does same thing.... We completely restored the phone, and didnt use the backup...Redownloaded all Apps ect..No luck, phone started doing the same thing...

Do a DFU restore. That actually restores the firmware of the phone

Meinnocenthah said:
How do you do this?

apple had me do a full restore, setting phone back to factory through iTunes.

Search google on DFU restore. Its easy to do but hard for me to explain

I've also been having major performance issues.

2 weeks ago went on a trip, uploaded and used a lot of apps. Luckily, when it crashed, it was after the important event I was attending. I had to restore it back to factory specs, the reload everything I luckily had backed up on my MacBook I brought, and ever since, it crashes, freezes, forgets, and can't connect at times. Think I might have a defective phone?