What's new

FREE BUMPERS FOR ALL! - iPhone Vlog 18

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUrFsx7TkYM[/ame]​

One of our readers posted a summary of the big Apple Press Conference today. Well, as always, I would like to sum it up in... video. Below is a list of the things that I mostly talk about in this episode. So sit back, relax, and watch your favorite iPhone Channel.

• Everyone will get a free case.
  • Refund if you bought a Bumper.
  • For every iPhone 4 purchased through September 30
  • But. We can't make enough bumpers. So what we're going to do, is source some other cases and give users a choice of cases. And they'll be able to pick one.
  • Apply on Apple website starting late next week. Pick a case, zoom, we'll send it off to you. That simple.
  • And if you're still not happy, before or after you get a free case, you can bring your iPhone 4 back undamaged within 30 days for a full refund.
  • No restocking fee or anything. We want to take care of everyone. We want every user to be happy.
  • "Does that make sense?"
  • Tracking some problems with the proximity sensor, and we're working on solutions, and we'll try to get it fixed in the next software update.
  • White iPhone 4 shipping end of July. Quantities limited at first, ramping up.

Last edited:
nice summary. i read the live blog, but you summed it up very nicely. i was actually wondering how they were going to do the 'freebies'. the apple store makes as good of sense as any. thumbs up bro

I for one will be returning my phone.
Will they pay for the gas also?
140 mile round trip to my apple store.
My APPLE IS A LEMON!!

I pre-ordered my white bumper even though I don't have my white iPhone 4 yet... ironically, after Steve Jobs' offer to provide free bumpers today, I came home to find a FedEx slip on my door for my shipped bumper. Luckily I'll get reimbursed for it when I go into the Apple store to activate my new phone... whenever that will be, but no later than that September deadline! ;-) :photos:

Why is your phone a lemon freehill ? We may be able to assist but in saying that why do you need to drive just send it registered courier or post and contact apple regarding your issue. If you want a refund they will do it

Hi guys i am bidding on a bumper on ebay as i cant wait for apple to give me one free as i think it will be a while until i get one from them because everyone will be demanding one straight away.
Can anyone tell me would there be any difference between a none genuine apple bumper and a genuine apple bumper?

Thanks

Hi guys i am bidding on a bumper on ebay as i cant wait for apple to give me one free as i think it will be a while until i get one from them because everyone will be demanding one straight away.
Can anyone tell me would there be any difference between a none genuine apple bumper and a genuine apple bumper?

Thanks

A non-genuine bumper can differ in size,shape, material, and look. Most spin-offs are usually a one piece silicone gel bumper.

Does anyone know when the Apple website will be ready for the free bumpers option? I'm "patiently" waiting for the website to update to order mine.

The press conference was Friday, and Steve Jobs clearly said it would be a few weeks. Monday is not a few weeks from Friday. Have some patience people.

i think when people have the antenna issue and cannot use the phone properly its hard to be patient,, though those areas must have really bad carrier reception

ive just bought one on ebay lol :-(

they are great
doesn't really spoil the looks
good to hold
and signal doesnt drop

woop woop :D