What's new

Found iPhone

acehi1

Reaction score
My wife and I rented a Ford Explorer from Budget car rental and when we got home, we pulled all our luggage out and we found an iPhone 13 or 14. I am not familiar with them so I am not exactly sure which model it is. Anyway, we rented the vehicle from the Chicago Airport. If someone lost their phone and would like it back, please describe to me the picture, or send/post the actual picture, that is on the lock screen. If it is this phone, I will be happy to return it to you. Currently the phone shows SOS is the upper corner, so I don't know if that means the owner contacted the service provider and cancelled it or if it is just out of the coverage area. We have been keeping it charged, hoping someone would try to call it so we could talk to someone and get it to the owner. I pulled the SIM card and it looks like the AT&T symbol on it. The phone is black and is not in a case.

Attachments

• IMG_8577.jpg
    IMG_8577.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 14
My wife and I rented a Ford Explorer from Budget car rental and when we got home, we pulled all our luggage out and we found an iPhone 13 or 14. I am not familiar with them so I am not exactly sure which model it is. Anyway, we rented the vehicle from the Chicago Airport. If someone lost their phone and would like it back, please describe to me the picture, or send/post the actual picture, that is on the lock screen. If it is this phone, I will be happy to return it to you. Currently the phone shows SOS is the upper corner, so I don't know if that means the owner contacted the service provider and cancelled it or if it is just out of the coverage area. We have been keeping it charged, hoping someone would try to call it so we could talk to someone and get it to the owner. I pulled the SIM card and it looks like the AT&T symbol on it. The phone is black and is not in a case.

It might be an idea to contact the rental company. They will know who has used the car and the people who the owner will contact when they discover its loss.

Last edited:
If the rental company can not help, bring the iphone to an Apple or AT&T retail store. I am a little concerned about the SOS being activated. Please be advised, we here are a group of Apple iPhone users, unaffiliated with Apple or and cell provider so posting’s here have a limited chance of being seen by the owner of the iPhone. Apple and AT&T can find the owner.

If the rental company can not help, bring the iphone to an Apple or AT&T retail store. I am a little concerned about the SOS being activated. Please be advised, we here are a group of Apple iPhone users, unaffiliated with Apple or and cell provider so posting’s here have a limited chance of being seen by the owner of the iPhone. Apple and AT&T can find the owner.
Apple says not to bring lost/found iPhones to them. They say take them to the police or other authorities and turn them in.

Why go through all this trouble when the owner doesnt even care about their lost iPhone. Clearly, the owner would have tried ringing the phone up if he/she wanted it back. Consider it a gift from the Universe and either sell/use it!

The OP doesn’t own an iPhone, and isn’t sure whether or not the owner tried to find it, so you can’t be sure that the owner doesn’t care about his/her device.

Additionally, this iPhone is still locked to its owner. Using it will be impossible, as soon as iCloud‘s Activation Lock is active. Selling an iDevice locked to an iCloud account would be fraud. This forum neither condones nor supports anything like this in any way.

Why go through all this trouble when the owner doesnt even care about their lost iPhone. Clearly, the owner would have tried ringing the phone up if he/she wanted it back. Consider it a gift from the Universe and either sell/use it!

While the finder may have physical possession of the iPhone he will never be the legal owner.