What's new

former android owner

Scouter3152

Reaction score
Hi all!
New to iphone and dont know where to start. Former android user and now quite lost. Too many questions to ask. Lost majority of contacts and looking for tips and tricks. Thanks!

Scouter3152 said:
Hi all!
New to iphone and dont know where to start. Former android user and now quite lost. Too many questions to ask. Lost majority of contacts and looking for tips and tricks. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. If you set up your email account you should be able to sync your contacts over.

I did set up email account, both of them. But somehow on my droid x, numbers from FB would automaticly go into my contacts book( not sure if it was a google thing). I also cannot seem to get a google calendar to sync up. Is there a tips and tricks thread? Thank you for your reply!

Scouter3152 said:
I did set up email account, both of them. But somehow on my droid x, numbers from FB would automaticly go into my contacts book( not sure if it was a google thing). I also cannot seem to get a google calendar to sync up. Is there a tips and tricks thread? Thank you for your reply!

Here you go. the normal way is to go into settings, mail contacts and calendars. Coming from a droid you shouldn't have any issues.

iPhone tips

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/iphone-tips-20552/

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/iphone-tips-tricks-8543/

:D

I've found success setting up 2 accounts in Settings (same google user ID). The first account is defined as Exchange with only calendar and contacts turned on - not mail. The server name is m.google.com. The second account is defined as Google with only mail turned on. HTH

Beryl said:
I've found success setting up 2 accounts in Settings (same google user ID). The first account is defined as Exchange with only calendar and contacts turned on - not mail. The server name is m.google.com. The second account is defined as Google with only mail turned on. HTH

Weird.

G'day and welcome to the forum!!!! :)