What's new

forgotten passcode

DaMrsz31

Reaction score
hey i really need sum assistance i have a jailbroken iphone4s and i forgot my passcode and i wanted to know if i put it in dfu mode and restore via itunes will it remove the jailbreak from the phone sumbody please help me out

hey i really need sum assistance i have a jailbroken iphone4s and i forgot my passcode and i wanted to know if i put it in dfu mode and restore via itunes will it remove the jailbreak from the phone sumbody please help me out
Yes... restoring your iDevice via iTunes will remove the Jailbreak as well as update your iDevice to iOS 5.1. This iOS version isn't currently Jailbreakable.

what is saving the shsh blobs
Saving the SHSHs for a specific device was what allowed users, in the past, to downgrade or upgrade to iOS versions that were no longer being signed by Apple. However, SHSHs don't work w/ the 4S like they did w/ the iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G. Apple fixed the bootrom exploit in the device hardware when they released the 4S.

so i just gotta take it as a lost and restore...do they still have any iphones are still on the 5.0.1 or are all them updated

so i just gotta take it as a lost and restore...do they still have any iphones are still on the 5.0.1 or are all them updated
Since iOS 5.1 has been out for numerous weeks... just about anywhere you go to buy a new 4S it will have 5.1 on it. However, you should be able to find suppliers online that have new stock w/ iOS 5.0.1 still.