What's new

For those with early arrivals, how's the activation process?

CPMS

Reaction score
Specifically, did you have to call ATT or just plug into iTunes? Email I got from ATT said I have to call an 800 number to activate. By the way, I'm an existing 3GS user so I'm not starting a new account or adding a line. If you did have to call ATT, was there a long wait or did it go smoothly. I'm in Hawaii and am supposed to receive my i4 around 2:00 PM local time. Problem is ATT's activation line is suposed to be open only until 9:00 PM Eastern which is 3:00 PM Hawaii time .... see my problem??????

Mahalo in advance for your input!!!!

Since the early arrivals have been pretty sparse we've heard of no issues... however once everyone starts getting them it might get much worse.

Keep your fingers crossed.

My activation went smoothly. Had already done a backup of the 3Gs last night in preparation.

Phone arrived at 12:30 pm via FedEx and I was activated, and restored to new phone in 30 minutes or less. The AT&T message on screen said activation could take 'up to 3 minutes'. I don't think it even took that long though I didn't time it.

The only glitch is that I have had to re-enter voicemail and mail server passwords as I initially use each one, but that's pretty much it.

Hope it goes that well for everyone else. Good luck to all on L-day!

here in the uk they sold over 1 million in the weekend and people in london where waiting since tuesday for the phone outside apple :s and i thought it was just usa people who waited crazy amounts of time for the phone right outside the store lol

You have a choice to activate online or the 800 number. I chose the 800 yesterday afternoon, and it was a very short process. It took less than the 5 minutes that you have shut your phone off after you activate. As someone said earlier, the only thing I really had to enter on the phone was wifi, email and voicemail pass codes. Good luck!

I got my iP4 this morning around 7:20am, the activation took seconds. When I got home and did the sync, it just took a few minutes. Like Alryja said, the only thing I really had to enter on the phone was wifi, email and voicemail pass codes.
I like it so far.

Hmmmm... It's been over an hour after activating thru iTunes and still not there. AT&T is just a couple of minutes away so may check with them in a few hours if not connected.

Hmmmm... It's been over an hour after activating thru iTunes and still not there. AT&T is just a couple of minutes away so may check with them in a few hours if not connected.

Went back to AT&T store after 5 hrs and they said it had the wrong? SIM card but couldn't explain beyond that. She put in a new card and said I would be up and running in 30 mins. She also gave me another card for my wife's phone. It's been an hour and still not there so I'll have to run back over there in the morning as there was an evening line building. Don't want to setup my wife's phone until we get mine running.

Most peculiar.