What's new

Folders

raulgil5

Reaction score
So why is it that you can move photos into a new folder but it doesn't delete from the camera roll I don't need two copies of the pic saved on my phone anyone else have this issue?

Yea. I was wondering the same thing. It isn't moving if it stays in the original location. That's called copying..... You think apple would have realized that...

i expected this to be a bit better. the idea of not having to have a computer to use the phone is proving to be not true. we still cant delete songs without attaching to a computer, and we still cant move photos around without having multiple copies of it. this aspect of ios 5 is a bit dissapointing.

loco said:
i expected this to be a bit better. the idea of not having to have a computer to use the phone is proving to be not true. we still cant delete songs without attaching to a computer, and we still cant move photos around without having multiple copies of it. this aspect of ios 5 is a bit dissapointing.

I can delete songs directly from the music app on my iPhone. When you gave a song list up, swipe the track and you get a delete button. Voila!

I want to be able to put pictures in an existing album instead of putting them in a new album. Is there a way to do this?

I can delete songs directly from the music app on my iPhone. When you gave a song list up, swipe the track and you get a delete button. Voila!
I didn't know that. I've just tried it and it works. I'm off to clean up my music list. Thanks very much for that.

So there is no way to delete pics that r in camera roll. There r pics I have deleted in there that I really want to be completely deleted. Any way to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net on Sprint

So there is no way to delete pics that r in camera roll. There r pics I have deleted in there that I really want to be completely deleted. Any way to do this?

When you are in camera roll pull up the pic you want to delete and there is a little trash can at the bottom. Click on it and delete. You can't delete pics from photo stream, they are there for 30 days but you can delete them from camera roll. I didn't like that so I checked no on photo stream so that doesn't show up on my phone.

I hope this helps

Suanne

Thanks. I just turned off the photo stream. Are the pics still on my phone twice each?

When I try to delete the pic from camera roll because I've put it into an album I created, you can press on the little garbage can at the bottom, but it only gives you the option to "delete it everywhere". Or not. I'd still like to delete the pics in camera roll after I move them to an album. Anybody?

You don't actually move the pics to the folder, the folder lets you organize a VIEW into specific sets pictures in your camera roll.

Still not the kind of organization structure we are looking for I'm afraid.

Yeah, all Apple did was enable you to create a "link" to pictures in a sub-folder. So, the pictures aren't actually in the folder, the link is. That is why deleting it from the main photo roll removes it everywhere (deleting it breaks/removes the link).

Marilyn