What's new

fixed iphone 4s battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOVETEXASLAKES

Reaction score
I have had to charge my phone a few times a day since i have had it. after about an hour of phone calls and checking email and a few visits daily to the weather app i was down 50%. i did all the little things to turn crap off and so forth. helped a little but not a lot.

I go the new update and thought this would help. well i was loosing 1% battery every 2 minutes of playing angry birds. It made it where I can't use the phone for business. when I am not in the office i live on the phone.

I called verizon and told them i had to go to a different phone. Love the iPhone 4s but the battery will not work for me. The tech got on line and the fix was simple. He told me even though I had the update i needed to do a few things

this will sound stupid but it worked.

disable the back up feature in iCloud in the settings section.
then back up the iPhone with iTunes.
next do a restore to factory settings. (it re downloaded the update for some reason and took 15 minutes to do all this)
it rebooted and was back factory.
Next i did a sync in iTunes and used the back up I had just done to put back on the phone
And I charged the phone to 100%
THATS IT!!!

It has been now 3 1/2 hours 10 text messages.. 5 minutes of angry birds. 2 phone calls for about a minute each and checked email a dozen times. and then on stand by. with me checking the battery about every 15 minutes.

I am at 99% battery. and it stayed on 100% for 3 1/2 hours and now on 99% for the past 20 minutes.

Im no tech guy. But the verizon tech said that the patch we all got for some odd reason didn't take right and messed up more than it helped. and he has had to help a lot of people with these same issues.

but this did work and just wanted to share a simple fix that really did work.

Mine has been on standby for over 6 hours with like 20 minutes of use maybe and im at 99% too lol. Its ridiculous! I think backing up in iTunes really helps this out.

its so simple but still do not understand apple not telling people this works.

I have had to charge my phone a few times a day since i have had it. after about an hour of phone calls and checking email and a few visits daily to the weather app i was down 50%. i did all the little things to turn crap off and so forth. helped a little but not a lot.

I go the new update and thought this would help. well i was loosing 1% battery every 2 minutes of playing angry birds. It made it where I can't use the phone for business. when I am not in the office i live on the phone.

I called verizon and told them i had to go to a different phone. Love the iPhone 4s but the battery will not work for me. The tech got on line and the fix was simple. He told me even though I had the update i needed to do a few things

this will sound stupid but it worked.

disable the back up feature in iCloud in the settings section.
then back up the iPhone with iTunes.
next do a restore to factory settings. (it re downloaded the update for some reason and took 15 minutes to do all this)
it rebooted and was back factory.
Next i did a sync in iTunes and used the back up I had just done to put back on the phone
And I charged the phone to 100%
THATS IT!!!

It has been now 3 1/2 hours 10 text messages.. 5 minutes of angry birds. 2 phone calls for about a minute each and checked email a dozen times. and then on stand by. with me checking the battery about every 15 minutes.

I am at 99% battery. and it stayed on 100% for 3 1/2 hours and now on 99% for the past 20 minutes.

Im no tech guy. But the verizon tech said that the patch we all got for some odd reason didn't take right and messed up more than it helped. and he has had to help a lot of people with these same issues.

but this did work and just wanted to share a simple fix that really did work.

How did you progress from here, and what was the overall battery life after you did this?!

Thanks

ps. I've updated to 5.0.1 and the battery life is now even worse ... aaaaghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.